AAA Arclight Arrived, Some Comments,,,

sylvestor

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
Thing is that i like the turquoise colour, and a couple posts up, someone says that the turquoise is brighter than the LE. Not sure though, can anyone confirm this?
But for 54 w/ shipping, is it worth it?

Again, a side note, how scratched up does an ARC get when carried with keys? Can keys scratch the led and/or the reflector??

Thanks everyone.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dan,

The turquois color is supposed to be the brightest. The arc Le is supposed to be brighter then the regular arc AAA. I would get the LE otherwise you'll end up always wondering if you should have got the brighter one.

sylvestor

Adam S.

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sylvestor:
Hey Dan,

The turquois color is supposed to be the brightest. The arc Le is supposed to be brighter then the regular arc AAA. I would get the LE otherwise you'll end up always wondering if you should have got the brighter one.

sylvestor
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Arc LE only comes in white.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam S.:
I think the Arc LE only comes in white.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is right. I waited for what seemed like a long time for an Arc LE with a blue/green LED, but finally gave in a bought the standard ARC. Hopefully Gransee will give in and offer the CPF special with the blue/green LED.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 ARC LE's, 1 standard white & 1 turq.
Of the white lights, the AAA appears slightly brighter, but a smaller, more concentrated beam. That would make it appear brighter. The turq is the brightest, but you have to be willing to accept everything looking green. I perfer the white light. BTW, no I don't need 6 ARC lights. Most of them are going to be Christmas presents for inlaws. TX

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
BTW, no I don't need 6 ARC lights. Most of them are going to be Christmas presents for inlaws. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm, excuse me? Who on this board ever asks if someone needs another flashlight?
smile.gif

remuen

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Ching:
Thing is that i like the turquoise colour, and a couple posts up, someone says that the turquoise is brighter than the LE. Not sure though, can anyone confirm this?
But for 54 w/ shipping, is it worth it?

Again, a side note, how scratched up does an ARC get when carried with keys? Can keys scratch the led and/or the reflector??

Thanks everyone.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got two turquoise ARC's. Here my first impressions:

1. The color of the turquoise leds in these ARC's is in my eyes not at all turquoise - it is green like the traffic signal lights. I suppose this comes because the led's are almost underdriven

2. The turquoise leds have a completly different beam pattern. The white Nichia led's have a smoth beam with a very bright spot in the middle. The turquoise ones have a wider beam without that center spot and not such a smooth beam but some rings.

3. Even it is very difficult to compare (because of the comletly different beam) the turquoise leds are very bright. But I wouldn't tell that the turquoise Arc's are brighter than an ARC LE which is only deliverable with white LED's. But the white LED's in the LE are a bit more greenish then the ones in the standard ARC's.

The conclusion after this first glance at my newest ARC: I wouldn't buy any turquoise ARC's anymore. For me (I mean really only for me and not for general) the turquoise ARC's are not worth the money. I am dissapointed of them mainly because of the very green colour and the beam pattern. But I will them try furtheron and maybe change my mind.

napalm-2002

Enlightened
remuen i cant believe that you would say that.\i love my turq ones.to me its a bright light that i cant live whithout.

as long as you dont need to distinguish colors.then you need a white one.
i ordered another turq and a le edition one.i cant wait for the le to arrive.

i use my arc-aaa everyday as a general worklight.im sad to here that the arc-aaa turq does not work for you. maybe an le white would.
smile.gif

remuen

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
remuen i cant believe that you would say that.\i love my turq ones.to me its a bright light that i cant live whithout.

as long as you dont need to distinguish colors.then you need a white one.
i ordered another turq and a le edition one.i cant wait for the le to arrive.

i use my arc-aaa everyday as a general worklight.im sad to here that the arc-aaa turq does not work for you. maybe an le white would.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
1. I've already two LE and a standard version with an B2S Nichia LED which means it is the same LED as in the LE (see Peter Gransee's post under http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001061) which I kept from my last order of 6 ARC's.

2. I've to change my mind about the turquoise ARC's a bit. The reason is that I got two if these. The first I tried out was as I described in my former post. The second one I've tried out this evening (in Central Europe it is already 11:00 PM). This second one is about 20% brighter and has a much smoother beam than the first one. But nevertheless I am not completly convinced. Maybe I must first get used to this uncommen turquoise or green color.

By the way: Opening both turquoise ARC's I found another difference. In the brighter turquoise ARC the positive contact is a metal plate like in the LE's and in the dimmer one it is only a solder point as in the standard ARC.

Maybe Peter Gransee is looking at this post and has an explanation for this?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The conclusion after this first glance at my newest ARC: I wouldn't buy any turquoise ARC's anymore. For me (I mean really only for me and not for general) the turquoise ARC's are not worth the money. I am dissapointed of them mainly because of the very green colour and the beam pattern. But I will them try furtheron and maybe change my mind.[/QB][/QUOTE]
I aggree with your observation of the turq ARC. I thought I'ld like it, but there's just to much green. However, to each his own. That's the one my 20 yr old son likes the best. I got him a LE for Christmas, so instead, I'll give him the turq & keep the extra LE myself. I think I can handle 2 of them. One for each hand.
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif