Status
Not open for further replies.

djpark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Please post beamshots that illustrate the `rings'

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is one. Left is 8mm from ISP and right is Arc Turquoise. Both beams are not very even.

arc-aaa-cyan-8mm&5mm.jpg

Or this will show you more "rings". More information and beamshots are found in this post.

arc-aaa-cyan-8mm-1m.jpg

You will be happy to know that the light output from the Arc-AAA Turq is almost as bright as 8mm running at 130mA.

-- dj

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Not a single response to the question of this post! The EV led is the traffic Nichia led (Go green) are these the EV led or not? Does anyone even know!?

h_nu

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip, BuddTX. Mine came today.

I hadn't found an EDC yet. This is exactly the right form factor. My Dorcy AAA is only carried on weekends, not at work. Once I can get a white AAA Arc, I'll probably never be without it.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pokkuhlag said:
Oh, then it is EV...

[/ QUOTE ]

What a relief...I'm glad we got that out of the way. Now, can someone answer my earlier question?

[ QUOTE ]
Sub_Umbra said:
What is an 'EV' LED?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine in early 2001 and the beam shot look's like Dj's.
no problems with mine unlike the white aaa I bought at the same time which had the intermitent on/0ff problem.
this was pre chem kote and HA III so it looks really beat up. but it's plenty bright when you need it, say in a dark subway tunnel.
The scotch tape trick really smooths out the beam giving it a nice glow.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Do my posts even show? H nu, its only two posts above yours! And directly above the post you quoted from pokkuhlag!

h_nu

Enlightened
Anti_candescent, your posts show. Sorry if I clicked on the wrong reply button. There were tornado warnings for my area and I was in a hurry to post and get offline.

Still not sure what EV stands for but my Arc just came today. Before I saw todays posts, I tried the Arc and thought that I wouldn't call the color turquoise but "traffic light green". It may be slightly greener and less pale.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Sorry I was a bit snappy, I'm just frustrated also, from the lack of information here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are these AAA's from Tad, and Pocket lights the EV led? With these posts, they will all be gone now! Someone buy one and test the wavelegenth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called both TAD and Pocketlights today and they both had the turquoise AAA lights. The only reason I didn't buy one is that they were all the style where the etching was lenghtwise on the battery barrel rather than around the end. Just don't like the "etched down the barrel" look.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anti_candescent,

Mine should be coming from Tad on tuesday, but I have no way to test the wavelength. Sorry.

carl,

Thanks for the info. The "etched down the barrel" engraving turns me off, also. On the whole, though, I'm very excited to be getting any ARC-AAA with a green LED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My EDC is often green and unless the task requires color recognition I almost always grab a green light.

Are all of the newest ARC-AAAs getting the 'down the barrel' engraving?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the "down the barrel etching" is here to stay except for limited-run stuff like the AA and the CPF models. Its a shame but that's the way it goes...

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Sub Umbra: Maybe post a pic of the color of your new Turquoise? From everything I can gather these "should" be the EV led. Perhaps climb a traffic arm and wait for the green to compare? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see a photo of the "down the barrel etching" that's so unpopular, and a comparison photo of the etching style that is more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.