AAA twisty recommendation?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry this everywhere so I can tail stand
IMG_3892.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
An interesting thought. However I live in the UK and getting hold of American tech is not always easy. I once owned a Surefire E2D and an E1B. I wanted to buy an E2D tailcap for the E1B, but Surefire wouldn't sell it to me unless I was military or law enforcement. This was maybe 10 years ago and they quoted some US law as justification.
eBay is your friend. So is the CPF Marketplace.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay is your friend. So is the CPF Marketplace.
Only to a very minor extent. Shipping to the UK is likely to be more than the cost of the item in many cases. You'll then probably pay import duty and VAT on the combined item + shipping price. As a rule it makes most things very poor value and expensive to buy.

Eldan

Newly Enlightened
I forgot to include in my post above a recommendation to the Prometheus Beta. Not cheap by any measure, but you get what you pay for. Even if you're satisfied with the aluminum Maratac AAA, you might want to take a look at the Beta for future reference.
Get a Beta while you still can. The model is being retired. I love the copper one.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop and Sofirn are two relatively inexpensive brands that have been very reliable in my experience. And the Prometheus Beta is a great light too.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just going to toss this out there.... Peak LED Solutions AAA model.
It'll run on any AAA type of battery and is Made in America.

Vemice

Enlightened
Not sure what size you need but the big guy on the left takes AAAs and pretty much any other battery.
qdN1FnTl.jpg

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still Love this format: :love:

If a warmer color temp LED matters then:
  • Thrunite Ti3 at the cheap end
  • Prometheus Beta at higher end ( a new one is coming soon). If you have just the pocket clip the Beta will tailstand well. If you have the keychain QR lug you have to pull the lug off to tailstand

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new lumintop silver fox AA/144500 twisty is really nice. Lightweight and it tail stands.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
What led does it come with? I think I read it's an osram but can't find any temp info

Doesn't say. It's cool cct for sure. I'll put a warmer 219b in it.

I got it on sale for $10.41…it's a great deal at that price. I sanded off the the words and numbers on it.

I'll put a suspension pocket clip attached to a split ring on it. I get them for $13 off Etsy

Vemice

Enlightened
nice selection
which one gets the most use, and what LED is in it?

any issues w QTC reliability or durability?
Hey Jonathan,
I have sold most of my collection over the past few years. Just trying to show OP what some options looked like. Only 2 Peaks left; brass Eiger with the obligatory Nichia 219b and QTC and a raw aluminum Eiger Mule high CRI warm.
I have managed to figure out how to get the QTC to function properly for me so it's working well.
Still enjoying the Thrunite that you made for me.
eq8vYpzl.jpg