• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Issue

Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

No clue why the front lens needs to be so THICK! I think a thinner UCL lens might improve throw a bit more?

The 100m rating is the depth the manufacturer guarantees the light will work. 100m is pretty good and probably the reason the front lens is so thick. 11kg preaaure on every cm2. :)

archimedes

Flashaholic

Be careful! The blue laser exposed like that might emit uv light, and only the lens is being used for uv filtering.
It is difficult to find listed specifications for the laser excitation source on these. Seems like the W30 is reported at Class 2M and the W10 at Class 3B.

Special laser precautions would appear necessary indeed :caution:

Rasher

Enlightened

Shame such wild variance - makes any comparisons a bit moot. Probably due to combination of (minor) differences in output of LEP unit and focus/alignment differences for the primary lens. I would not expect astronomical instrument precision in a toy flashlight, but this kind of variance borders on unacceptable. I suppose so long as the worst meets specs of company, it's just lumen lotto.

I'd venture the 2.6mcd sample is slightly convergent and you see that visually and measured at a distance that happened to be advantageous to that convergence. On this flip side, if that is the cause, it will loose out at distance. I'd be curious to see these measured at 100m or so, but that's probably not practical for you. Agree. However just eye balling on distance objects several hundred meters away the 2.6Mcd is clearly brighter.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE LEP UNIT.

I don't see any reason to break one down w/r to modding, but seeing as you did, I hope you are wearing appropriate laser goggles at all times. The diodes used for excitation produce light that can be permanently damaging to your vision, whether an accidental specular reflection or even diffuse wall-bounce - the wavelengths can cause retinotoxic effects that are not immediately obvious. Yes Sir!!!
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THE LEP UNIT.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKV89

Enlightened

- Acebeam W30 are NOT created equal
- Tested 3 Samples and Lumen range from 340-370 Stock But throw Range from 1.25Mcd - 1.7Mcd @ 30s

W30vn Sample 1: 500L, 1.5Mcd, Draw 4.75A @ Tail
W30vn Sample 2: 540L, 2Mcd, Draw 4.6A @ Tail
W30vn Sample 3: 570L, 2.6Mcd , Draw 4.75A @ Tail Clearly Brightest hot spot

All tested with fully charged Factory AB 5100mAh 21700
I am sure it has to do with the Aspheric focus

Headache Headache

Wow those are insane numbers. How much are you selling them? I have one on order but might want to buy another one from you. The variance sucks big time but if you have any unit over 2.2MCD, that would be sweet enough for me

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Wow those are insane numbers. How much are you selling them? I have one on order but might want to buy another one from you. The variance sucks big time but if you have any unit over 2.2MCD, that would be sweet enough for me

They are on my store. I have a strong feeling most will hit 2+Mcd.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

How did I mis this post!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do we need special glasses for using the w30? Is it actually a laser light? Will all w30vn have perfect beam/focus?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Do we need special glasses for using the w30? Is it actually a laser light? Will all w30vn have perfect beam/focus?

All the beam look perfect. How focused they are for max throw is a bit of a gamble. No you don't need special glasses to use the W30. The light work by bouncing blue laser onto specific tinted to phosphorus produce a white light. You can see this in the post above with the internals.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

This technology is very exciting, and has a ton of potential in my opinion. I can only imagine where it will be 5-10 years from now! Something BLF GT size, with upscaled laser power would likely be a 10M candela beast, but the cost would likely be very high.

The large variations in specs is both annoying and exciting. I decided to buy a couple "W30vn LEP lottery tickets" myself, and may even send in my stock W30 for spec measurements and possible modification. We should start a W30vn spec thread where we can share and brag about our specs :D

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This technology is very exciting, and has a ton of potential in my opinion. I can only imagine where it will be 5-10 years from now! My main concern is that the FDA may step in and ruin the fun at some point. Agree

Something BLF GT size, with upscaled laser power would likely be a 10M candela beast, but the cost would likely be very high, and the potential for eye damage a very real concern. LOL Yup But I want one.

The large variations in specs is both annoying and exciting. I decided to buy a couple "W30vn LEP lottery tickets" myself, and may even send in my stock W30 for spec measurements and possible modification. We should start a W30vn spec thread where we can share and brag about our specs :D Good idea!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Laser is within internal flashlight.. after the beam came out from the lense, it is not laser anymore..

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh,

Do you think this is about the max you can do at this point? If so, I'm going to order a spec 3 :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,

Do you think this is about the max you can do at this point? If so, I'm going to order a spec 3 :)

I honestly got no clue what I am doing. I have no specs on this particular laser module so I really don't know how much to drive it. I don't think we should push it any harder though as its very impressive as is. I let the light ran for 10 minutes straight and it only got warm and light is still crazy bright so I figure we are good. Kind of just tweaking in the dark really.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Too bad the owner of the 2.6Mcd version wont be posting as he never does but I know he read these posts. Anyhow I will borrow his light to see if I can make a video just for fun tonight. I am sure he doesnt mind.

Oh and his sample actually turn on at 2.75Mcd!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is absolutely ludicrous! Ordering one right now!

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just to clarify, are all w30vn lights at sample 3 specs now?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oh... I did and there is no mention of a lottery :headscratch:

In sumaary I only give the light a power boost. Every light will be brighter than stock. But how nicely focus the beam depends on the factory.

Latest posts