• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Too bad the owner of the 2.6Mcd version wont be posting as he never does but I know he read these posts. Anyhow I will borrow his light to see if I can make a video just for fun tonight. I am sure he doesnt mind.

Oh and his sample actually turn on at 2.75Mcd!

Yes please make a beamshot video.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgive my ignorance vinh, but I really want you to take my money. How much is a lottery ticket? On skylumen, seems to be full price of a w30 ($275)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Forgive my ignorance vinh, but I really want you to take my money. How much is a lottery ticket? On skylumen, seems to be full price of a w30 ($275)

Honestly I think they will all be 2Mcd or more....The 1.5Mcd one is likely a badly tuned one. They all make relative close to 500-550 Lumen though.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

I remember a small one man company that sold laser pointers many years ago. He would boost the power, and depending on the quality of the yttrium aluminum garnet crystal, among other factors, would end up with an output anywhere from 10-75mW. He would bin them in ranges, and sell the most powerful ones for a premium. I know that I, personally, wouldn't hesitate to spend a decent sum extra for a W30vn that was guaranteed to be above a certain spec. It would take some time to get a large enough sample to see what they average, and how rare some of the higher candela numbers really are. After a while, you could probably have something like;

Spec 1: 1.5-2.25M candela $$
Spec 2: 2.25-2.5M candela $$$
Spec 3: 2.5M+ candela $$$$

At this point, I don't see near-3M candela being out of the question on a perfectly aligned sample.

Last edited:

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, what CCT do you estimate the Hi CRI version to be? Also, can you get the 4000k version?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi CRI seems to be below 4000k. 4000k looks absolutely **** yellow.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

No that's just regular 4000k. HiCri looks great from what I've seen on the W10.

IP0Jg5F.jpg

zdg2Qtu.jpg

Last edited:

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened

Cool vid but not sure from your comments if that is the Hi CRI or 4000k? Acebeam makes three varieties: 6500k, Hi CRI, and 4000k. I was guessing the Hi CRI would be around 5000k but I have no idea.

I love warm lights, so mellow yellow is fine by me...

EDIT: you already answered my question, above, thanks.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I had to guess high cri is 3000-3500k. It doesn't look yellow like the 4000k version, and looks rosy like a halogen.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

I wonder how different tints are achieved with this LEP tech

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm assuming it's the same as with LEDs: they just adjust the phosphor. Both the LED and Laser are narrow-band blue light sources, they only become 'white' when they interact with yellow broad-band phosphor.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does phosphor deteriorate over time and exposing users to radiation?

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

I'm assuming it's the same as with LEDs: they just adjust the phosphor. Both the LED and Laser are narrow-band blue light sources, they only become 'white' when they interact with yellow broad-band phosphor.
Does this affect the output in the same way it does with LED's?

Rasher

Enlightened

Does phosphor deteriorate over time and exposing users to radiation?

Yes, and no. Light output/characteristics will change over lifespan. No "exposing users to radiation" - that's part of the purpose of the beam-dump mirror - it redirects stray to inner-side of light.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh maybe my comment got deleted from the original W30 thread? Do you have a finger on the W30 HCRI variants? Andrew-Amanda is showing them on their site, just curious if you had a wholesale headsup. I'm tempted to get one from them, but I'd rather just be a bit more patient and wait for one from you.... I'd love a Weltool with a HCRI emitter......

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh maybe my comment got deleted from the original W30 thread? Do you have a finger on the W30 HCRI variants? Yes. They are coming
Andrew-Amanda is showing them on their site, just curious if you had a wholesale headsup. I'm tempted to get one from them, but I'd rather just be a bit more patient and wait for one from you.. Wait for me as prices will be cheaper to buy direct from me then to buy from them and then send in to mod

.. I'd love a Weltool with a HCRI emitter...... You need to send me your W3 to be modded.

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh, you should become an authorized retailer for Acebeam. These insane improvements you are achieving with LEP may potentially allow you to sell hundreds.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, you should become an authorized retailer for Acebeam. These insane improvements you are achieving with LEP may potentially allow you to sell hundreds.

Acebeam refuse to sell to me. They dont like my mods.