Airbike SL1 ,More throw

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.

I have an Airbike SL1 but i need more throw out of it.
at the moment the super wide beam is just too wide for the fast cross country riding that i do.
can you suggest a way to increase throw and/or reduce the flood ?

i could change the P7 to get another 100 lumens or so but that not really going to help me , what im looking as is a lense or reflector mod/ swap .

Thanks for looking

corblimey

Newly Enlightened
Hi Steve

Sorry, I don't have an answer re modding the airbike. I have one and know what you mean and would also be interested in a solution.

I supplement mine with two helmet mounted Q5 tourches that provide an excellent hot spot for fast downhills and the technical stuff. I think the combination works really well.

Over all I'm really pleased with my Airbike and all these lumens are great but they also come at a price. For some reason I find leds more antisocial to those I ride with than my halogen setup that puts out at least twice the lumens. Guess there's much more spill with the airbike.

Hopefully someone will come along with some ideas.

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
I use a Surfire G2 with a BOG drop-in for a bit of throw, im sure the Airbike can be made to fit the requirement with a bit of tinkering

690 lumens sound like loads until you spread them over such a huge area ,4 Q5's would do a better job but i got he SL1 at such a good price that i couldn't turn it down.

The new airbike everlight http://www.airbike.co.kr/ has a different lens which I think may ad a hotspot and a bit more throw

mechBgon

Enlightened
I supplement mine with two helmet mounted Q5 tourches that provide an excellent hot spot for fast downhills and the technical stuff. I think the combination works really well.

That's what I'd do, add a light that has more throw.