• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold: Spy 007, Haiku, and McGizmo Light Engine

LupinIII

Enlightened
ALL SOLD! Spy 007, Haiku, and McGizmo Light Engine

Would like to replenish the PP account with three nice items for sale.

Happy to answer any questions - just shoot me a PM or post here.

PayPal and US preferred. USPS priority shipping included in all prices - let me know if you want additional insurance. I cannot be held responsible for the light once it enters the postal system. And I reserve the right to withdraw sale at any time before payment has changed hands.

Want to sell this but would trade for Mac Copper Tri-EDC or Ti/Copper Knurly.

Cool Fall Spy 007: serial #0344 and sporting a Seoul SSC P4 LED. Cool white tint with a bit floodier beam. Two blue trits installed. Nice, crisp clicks on the switch. Accepts RCR123 cells. I pored over the light and could find no signs of carry – rate this at near mint condition. Will include a lanyard and plastic bead to open the battery compartment. Price is firm unless you want to use other payment methods $650 SOLD

McGizmo 3V Hi-CRI 119 Light Engine: three levels of perfectly tinted goodness (93 CRI and 4800k color temp) for your Mule, Sundrop, or Haiku (double check if your reflector is compatible). I believe these are ~$130 direct from Don, get yours for $80 SOLD

UPDATE: after receiving the Haiku, Ron believed it was actually a 119, not 119V LED. I consulted with Don himself (as well as the two previous owners of this light) to identify the Haiku but due to the minimal difference between the two LEDs, can only say our best guess is 119. To be certain, Don would have to examine the light in hand. Ron was very understanding and has chosen to return the light to me for a full refund. So the Haiku is back up for sale at a new, lower price. If you are personally debating between the 119 vs 119V LED as well, Don had this to say about them:

"With the 119 and 119V I am using, the V has a rose sort of tint whereas the 119 is more on the cream tint, to my eyes. In either case, the tint is not noticeable unless there is another light source involved and being compared to it. In using the light, there is no noticeable bias imparted to what is being viewed."

Otherwise, the difference in output is less than 20 lumens between the two LEDs. If you are looking for the famous Hi-CRI tint, this Haiku will not disappoint.

McGizmo Haiku: most likely sporting a Hi-CRI 119 LED. Carried on and off for a few months so shows typical minor signs of use on the titanium – worst of it is on a small part of tail that can just be made out in the close-up photo. NO major dings or scratches. The clip and screws are not on the light but will be included. The screws were stripped during removal, so I put them in a vise and sawed notches into them so a flathead screwdriver can be used (not especially clean but perfectly functional) $360 SOLD . . . AGAIN!

Thanks CPF!

Last edited:
Re: Cool Fall Spy 007 and McGizmo Haiku for Sale

They may not have been stripped you need the special Allen driver and it kind of snaps in I have one, it is an,MIP, You get them from a guy in LA who is big in remote cars, he makes them and they work fantastic. Buyer can always get a set of screws from McGizmo to make the light perfect.

Search Miponline. All McGizmo owners should have this tool! And a spare set of screws, set of all O Rings and a rubber switch boot/cover and a spare clip and switch. In their Mc Giz supplies.

Hope this helps, good luck with the sale. Nice price for a Haiku!

Last edited:

They may not have been stripped you need the special Allen driver and it kind of snaps in I have one, it is an,MIP, You get them from a guy in LA who is big in remote cars, he makes them and they work fantastic. Buyer can always get a set of screws from McGizmo to make the light perfect.

Search Miponline. All McGizmo owners should have this tool! And a spare set of screws, set of all O Rings and a rubber switch boot/cover and a spare clip and switch. In their Mc Giz supplies.

Hope this helps, good luck with the sale. Nice price for a Haiku!

Thanks for the heads up. I tried everything in my closet from a torx driver, Leatherman bit kit, and small toolbox. I could not tighten the screws enough to get the clip to sit flush with the tail of the Haiku. At that point, I just put them in the vice and worked them over for use with a flathead screwdriver. As I said, a little rough but works fine. I will include everything and leave it to the buyer to decide if they want the clip on the light or not when they get it.

And thanks for the offers I have received so far, think I have replied to everyone. Both lights still available.

PM sent with trade offer for the spy007.

hi,
interested in the haiku,
can you list some specs on it? drive levels, can it use an rcr123?
are the threads in the body still good just the screws are wanky?
thanks

Last edited:

hi,
interested in the haiku,
can you list some specs on it? drive levels, can it use an rcr123?
are the threads in the body still good just the screws are wanky?
thanks

UPDATE: this Haiku is the original 119 version and is definitely compatible with RCR123 cells which is what I used in the light (AW brand to be specific). Based on the thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?340977-Nichia-High-CRI-LED-119V (lots of info about the LED) this light is putting out approximately 5, 25, and 107 lumens for the three modes with max drive of 500ma on the 3S light engine. The beam on these is often praised and for good reason - 93 CRI and 4800K temp.

The threads in the body and on the screws themselves are perfectly fine - just the heads of the screws were modded so they work with a flathead screwdriver.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.

Last edited:

This Haiku is the newer 119V version and is definitely compatible with RCR123 cells which is what I used in the light (AW brand to be specific). Based on the thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?340977-Nichia-High-CRI-LED-119V (lots of info about the LED) this light is putting out approximately 7, 28, and 125 lumens for the three modes with max drive of 650ma on the 3S light engine. The beam on these is often praised and for good reason - 94 CRI and 4600K temp.

The threads in the body and on the screws themselves are perfectly fine - just the heads of the screws were modded so they work with a flathead screwdriver.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.

If the buyer has a CONUS address (and plans to use the clip), I will send them a FREE set of stock screws upon request ... :)

Definitely best to use the correct driver with these, for installation or removal - Thorp 1/16" hex driver by MIP
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?153333-Clip-Screw-Hex-Driver-Solution

Good luck with your sale !

Last edited:

Thank you Archimedes for the generous offer - much appreciated.

Ah heck, Arch with an offer like that i just cant refuse a fine light like this so...I'll take the haiku please.
Plus i've been dying to try the new 119v.
Please pm pp info.

Ah heck, Arch with an offer like that i just cant refuse a fine light like this so...I'll take the haiku please.
Plus i've been dying to try the new 119v....

Was thinking that I might end up sending these to you ... :devil:

Congrats on purchasing this fantastic torch. Please PM me to remind me of your address, bro !

PM sent.

Haiku is SPF - thanks to Hron61 and Archimedes!

PM sent.

Haiku is SPF - thanks to Hron61 and Archimedes!

:paypal: for the haiku 119v.

thank you lupin and arch.

arch...you have a pm about your generous offer. thanks again.
looking forward to this one for sure. :D

Thanks again Archimedes. Sent you a PM Ron - your light is in the mail.

Let's get this Spy sold.

received pm, thank you both for a super swell sale. :thumbsup:

Haiku was received in fine condition but there is a problem that i just discovered, i will send a pm shortly to discuss it. thanks

ARCH, you are the man bro, thank you for the mip driver and screws. you saved the day and made it better. thank you for the gift, it will come in very handy im sure.

And thanks to all others who have posted on this thread.

have a great day all. :wave:

Last edited: