That's what i was wondering . . . .

I could never have my portable Scanner radio

anywhere CLOSE to my PC.

:candle:
_

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Hey,
I'm new here - just wondered if there were any other Radio Hams on the site?
Most Radio Amateurs I know seem to have a fetish with lights - I just wondered if the same was true in reverse?
Cheers es 73,

Matt
M0PTO - UK Radio Amateur

Good Morning de KG2V

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Radio, does the proximity of the computer cause you any RFI?
As long as your antenna and your computer are far enough away you should be fine, however sometimes the noise carries to the antenna, but it should not be that strong. Your major problem would be if you are using a plasma screen as a monitor. Make sure you have good coax as well.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad is WA2VQW, and my siblings and I grew up with the ham ethic of fixing everything and never giving up on solving a problem. He has fixed countless things other people threw away, and many more that we took to him and said, "Dad, I think there might be something wrong with this. Could we take a look?"

Just a few days ago, I explained to him how my Ultrafire RCR123A cells would not fit in the Inova T1 I bought, and how I was upset I would have to plunk down more cash for AW cells. In about two hours, we had the problem licked. We did the work in his shack, and I showed him the CPF thread about the T1. "How much time do you spend on that site?!", he asked.

He lives in that room, and my mother calls his radio his "girlfriend." ;-)

Latest posts