Amazon.com, authorized dealer?

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
Is Amazon.com an authorized dealer for surefire and nitecore?
I'm talking about amazon themselves, when it says ships and sold by Amazon, not the third party sellers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Authorized?
Got me. But all of my G2x Pro lights were direct from Amazon. Once they had 6P's as well, but don't know if they still do.
They are an authorized Streamlight seller, I do know that. I bought a few blemished Streamlight and MagLite products from their warehouse deals.

They listed the NiteCore charger I bought but a bundle with more stuff for the same $ as their price was available from a listed seller.

Last edited:

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
Authorized?
Got me. But all of my G2x Pro lights were direct from Amazon. Once they had 6P's as well, but don't know if they still do.
They are an authorized Streamlight seller, I do know that. I bought a few blemished Streamlight and MagLite products from their warehouse deals.

They listed the NiteCore charger I bought but a bundle with more stuff for the same $ as their price was available from a listed seller.

OK, I will probably go with Amazon, as it has the best prices, that I could find on surefire. Being This will be my first surefire, I was just wondering if they would give me a hard time, if I needed warranty work done and it wasn't from an authorized dealer.

BillBond

Newly Enlightened
.... Being This will be my first surefire, I was just wondering if they would give me a hard time, if I needed warranty work done and it wasn't from an authorized dealer.

Surefire will be difficult to deal with either way.
Even though I only own Surefire lights, I purchase them wherever they are the cheapest.

BillBond

Newly Enlightened
They don't return emails. Idiots answering the phone. Not sending items after they say they will.
I have owned Surefire lights for 15 years and gave up on dealing with them 4 years ago.

Other people will chime in and say how great Surefire service is.

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
They don't return emails. Idiots answering the phone. Not sending items after they say they will.
I have owned Surefire lights for 15 years and gave up on dealing with them 4 years ago.

Other people will chime in and say how great Surefire service is.

Oh I always heard they had good cs, that is one of the reasons why I am looking at getting one, plus there is only a few usa made lights around anymore.
I would be interested in hearing other people's experience as well.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of my Surefire lights are either 6P's or weapons light like the M951/952, D4, M3 or Hellfighters.

I had one of the Hellfighters back for a service a year or so back. It took around 6 weeks and was done at no charge to me.

I guess who at Surefire you're dealing with at the time, but persistence is key.

I've heard stories of in-complete repairs and damage caused by repair, but haven't experienced that my self.

tonkem

Enlightened
I purchased an e2l outdoorsman light on eBay, new, and the light would not go to low. It is a 2 stage light that changes modes when the switch is clicked within a certain time frame of turning the light on. I called them and shipped the light to them. They replaced the head and returned the light to me at no cost. Similar thing happened to an e1l that I had purchased used, the light would flicker when turned on, called them and shipped the light back to them. They returned it with a new kx1b head when I had shipped a kx1 head to them. I have nothing but good experiences with their service. They stand behind their products. My $.02

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've never had a need for warranty work from SureFire. They make pretty dawg gone reliable stuff.

But on the rare occasion warranty work is necessary a phone call gets best results.