Amazon Warehouse Deals frustration

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a Fenix TK-41 because it was $80-something and free shipping...

I got a Fenix TK-41 box with a crappy Dorcy rechargeable flashlight in it. On hold with CS right now. Worst part is even if they tell me to keep the flashlight it's still useless to me because I don't have the charger.

Clearly some unscrupulous person bought a TK-41, returned it for credit, but put a Dorcy flashlight in the box.

At least Amazon's already sent me a return shipping label for it... I better get credit for it. that's what I get for trying to save a few bucks tho...

To make matters worse in the same order I ordered an 8-pack of Eneloops but I messed up and ordered AAAs instead of AAs. So I've got about six more AAAs than I really need... and I also have a nice Pelican briefcase sitting here with flashlight or handgun in it ('cause I haven't bought the handgun yet either.)

I'm sure none of you have ever had disappointing days like this before...

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've only used Amazon Warehouse once and that was a recent purchase of a 5.11 Tactical trainer belt. It arrived in "like new" condition as described and was a good deal.

I've been tempted to buy "used" flashlights from them, too, but that seems more risky. It may be safer to order clothing type items from Amazon Warehouse than higher tech items (e.g., flashlights) because people are more apt to return clothing due to fit than because of dim output, blue/yellow tints, ripoff attempts, etc.

Amazon has great customer service and I hope you find that to be true in setting your purchase right.

markr6

Flashaholic
Clearly some unscrupulous person bought a TK-41, returned it for credit, but put a Dorcy flashlight in the box.

That's messed up...I'll be seeing them in hell.

It may be safer to order clothing type items from Amazon Warehouse than higher tech items (e.g., flashlights) because people are more apt to return clothing due to fit than because of dim output, blue/yellow tints, ripoff attempts, etc.

Probably a good idea. I bought a nice set of Husky floor mats for my Jeep; pretty hard to mess that up. $18 and I love them!!

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
well they refunded me right away and emailed me a return shipping label... although honestly why do they want a Fenix box and a Dorcy flashlight with no charger? Value of all that has to be about narfin. But I sent it back anyway, was in the mail Sat. afternoon. I had to reorder the flashlight because Amazon apparently treats warehouse deals like they would a 3rd party vendor so I couldn't get an exchange only a refund, this time I ordered from a private seller who apparently received one as a gift and didn't really want it, only was about $10 more. But now I have to wait for it to show up again...

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I almost never order from "private" sellers on amazon because they do not have the same return policies that amazon does. They don't have to pay for return shipping or anything like that.

If it costs more than a few buck and isn't fulfilled or sold by amazon I'd suggest don't touch it. There are a few vendors on amazon I'd buy from but that's only because I'd bought from them before directly anyway.

Flashlight Freedom

Newly Enlightened
Glad they took care of you, but man, what a bummer it must have been to open that box........:mad:

I ordered a bunch of lights months ago. When I opened one of them and tried to install the battery, a pile of corrosion dust fell out of the light and it was all green inside. They exchanged that one no questions.

SeriouslyFlashlights

Newly Enlightened
well they refunded me right away and emailed me a return shipping label... although honestly why do they want a Fenix box and a Dorcy flashlight with no charger? Value of all that has to be about narfin. But I sent it back anyway, was in the mail Sat. afternoon. I had to reorder the flashlight because Amazon apparently treats warehouse deals like they would a 3rd party vendor so I couldn't get an exchange only a refund, this time I ordered from a private seller who apparently received one as a gift and didn't really want it, only was about $10 more. But now I have to wait for it to show up again...

I've had similar things happen, it stinks when you wait for something to show up and get excited only to be disappointed. I've never received something totally different but I have received damaged items which is just as bad. Hopefully you will get the right flashlight this time.:)

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well there's a happy ending... I got home today after a hard day at my friend's shop (I am "between jobs" as they say so I went over there to try to get some lift time to put brakes on my car, I didn't do that but spent all day fixing his rickety air hoses etc.) and there were two boxes on my porch... one had a nice TK-41 in it and the other some Eneloops and a shiny new charger! Life is good!