• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired An Epic McGizmo Sale - Haiku(s), Mule, Makai, and custom Aleph/McGizmo light engines

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
I am the original owner on all lights. All are in excellent condition (no drops, dings, notable scratches, etc). All lights come with HIVE driver, and it may add a day, but I'd be more than happy to program to your liking ahead of shipment (# of levels, memory/no memory, max regulated amperage, battery optimization, etc). Prices are shipped via USPS with payment via PayPal G&S. With so many lights listed, a clear "I'll take it", time stamped in the thread or via PM will claim the light.

Haiku, 1x123 Clicky Pak, HIVE Driver, Nichia 119V, MCR-17XR (floody) reflector installed. Original MCR-17XP (tighter hot spot) reflector included. Ships with Protected Keeppower 16340 battery or unprotected Efest 16340 . $395 shipped. SOLD

Haiku, 1x123 Clicky Pak, HIVE Driver, Nichia 119V, MCR-17XP (tighter hot spot) reflector installed. Ships with Protected Keeppower 16340 battery or unprotected Efest 16340. $390 shipped. SOLD

I have spare o-rings for Haikus - I will plan to include a set or two with each Haiku at no extra cost.

Mule, 1xAA Clicky Pak, HIVE Driver, Nichia 119V. Ships with Protected Keeppower 14500 battery or unprotected Efest 14500 (must use 3.7V Li-Ion battery with HIVE driver - 1.5V Alkaline and 1.2V NiMH will not work. $350 Shipped. SOLD

Makai, 16650 Clicky Pak, HIVE Driver, 4200k XPL-HI (driver has been set to max at 1200 mA). Ships with Protected Keeppower 16650 battery. $475 shipped. SOLD

I also have 3 Custom Light Engines for sale. These are Aleph/McGizmo style LE's, built in an Aleph Can. The driver is a mtn electronics 7135 + FET, and the LED is a 90+ CRI 4000k Nichia 219C which has been reflowed to MCPCB. The firmware is Guppy3DRV. Light Engines are $90 shipped and I'll include an Efest 16340. All LE's Sold

I've never sold these engines, but a couple are in the wild. Tony Sculimbrene from EverydayCommentary received/reviewed one and liked it - you can look for his video on YouTube if interested. I may have more LE's available down the road, but only 3 ready to go at this time (I had been running them in all of my McGizmos).

A few pics below (Mahi, Triple, and Sapphire/Eiger have already been sold). More pics can be taken - let me know what works for you.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
RS - they look good on my end, but PM me with email or cell phone and I'll message the pictures over to you.

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
All lights have been sold.

I am going to mark the thread as "sold", but there is still one light engine available, and if there is interest, I have materials on hand to build 5 or 6 more.

In the short run, feel free to PM me to ask about availability of the pre-built unit. If I find the time, I'll build a few more and offer them up in the custom builders forum.

EDIT - all LE's have been sold.

Thanks again CPF!

Joe

Last edited:

experimentjon

Newly Enlightened
As the happy owner of now three of Joe's McGizmo compatible light engines, I can say that they're awesome. Guppy3Drv is way easier to reprogram than a HIVE light (or the H17F too) and definitely a massive step up from the classic 3S engines. Plus, who doesn't love high CRI Nichia in natural white? Of course, I'm probably biased as a current owner, but if anyone is looking to upgrade an older 3S light, this is a fantastic choice at a fair price.

My Sundrop went from a stock 3S 119 LE to Joe's 219 LE and retains its spot as my favorite carry. (Currently set for 5 levels, no memory)

Last edited: