• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased this light from the only US supplier I have found so far. Maybe Vihn can do his magic on it. I think its a unique light
http://youtu.be/rLPCEvq_jfY

It does look unique...zero spill like an aspheric but with a very nice even beam. Curious to see your beamshots when you get it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? It looks very cool, but I'm wondering if the price is reasonable.

Severus

Enlightened
It does look unique...zero spill like an aspheric but with a very nice even beam. Curious to see your beamshots when you get it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? It looks very cool, but I'm wondering if the price is reasonable.
$195 with batteries and a charger

Peace Train

Enlightened
+1 I was admiring this a few posts back, and also wondering the price. Curious how it would turn out vn modded.

I'm 47 btw, but I feel 12. Funny answers!

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's word from BLF that there have been quality issues (Mismatched anodizing) of AceBeam lights, raised out of some of the lights purchased during a recent Groupbuy. That can't be good. :sigh:

First the ridiculous name change fiasco and now this?! I'm hoping these are just isolated cases and the upcoming X60Ms are ok.

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

Did you guys see the insane solar flare? Vinh I think its time for an emp resistant or proof light! That flare missed its by one week!! Just imagine the whole world blacks out except for the few the proud the vinhnaholics.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Going to pick up the light I got as part of that BLF gb in the morning, hopefully it matches, but even if not, the price was really far too good to pass up.

Would be very irked if that issue is present in production lights like the X60M though.

Regarding the carrington like event, yes that would have been a catastrophe. A bit of old news, I was freaked out when I found out about it a while ago.

It would have been very different from just a run of the mill blackout. Hard to say to what extent electronics would effected, but considering some telegraph lines actually caused small fires, the worst case scenario would be basically all electronics being fried.

No cars, no trucks, no trains, no boats, no cell phones, no computers, no landline phones, and no electricity at all to power anything that survives. Just about everything we use has electronics that are sensitive enough to be affected. It would be a radical overnight change in priorities... just survival for many would be an issue. It's the kind of thing that makes you re-evaluate what you think about the "nut job" who has a several months long supply of MRE's and a months worth of water tucked away.

Severus

Enlightened

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

FYI

I am busy tomorrow and Monday for the engagement. Then I have to take my distant visiting relatives on a trip to Canada from Tuesday to Thursday. I wont be home until Thursday night. Friday next week is when I can have most of my life back. :)

Severus

Enlightened

FYI

I am busy tomorrow and Monday for the engagement. Then I have to take my distant visiting relatives on a trip to Canada from Tuesday to Thursday. I wont be home until Thursday night. Friday next week is when I can have most of my life back. :)

Vihn
Have you modded one of those H-8 ?

Severus

Enlightened
I canceled my order, The guy only carries the H8-2 (2batt), to big for my liking but if you modded one the 2 batt could be a good option. Currently he is waiting for the H8-1 (1 batt) they should arrive in 2 weeks. I think I will get one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts