Another Eagletac G25C2 MkII problem

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
Whats up forum...

I have a wonderful problem, I have this great wife who bought me a G25C2 MkII for my birthday. Received it today, powered it up with a freshly charged 18650 and began discovering how stupid bright this light is.... thats the wonderful...

Now for the problem, when the light is turned on in high mode (bezel fully tightened) it functions perfectly, crazy bright then steps down for safety after a couple of minutes. When I turn the bezel to select a lower level there is a momentary shut off after about 30 seconds. This shut off lasts for about 1 second and repeats about every 3 minutes.

I tried replacing the rechargable cell with two brand new primary cells with no effect, the problem still occurs.

Any help would be hot

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your trouble I don't think I've ever heard of this exact problem before, contact your dealer right away so you can send it back and ask they test the light they plan to send you back, if you bought it from one of the CPF supported dealers they will do this for you with no problem. If they are here or over at CPF Marketplace send them a PM and either call or email the website you bought it from as well.

Have you tried turning the energy saving feature off (step down) to see if it does it then as well, turn the head to the 4th level and turn the light on/off twenty times? I think that is right I don't have one it's just what I remember reading. I'm not suggesting keeping it even if that stops the issue but it could point to the step down feature going berserk on you.

Last edited:

msloshooter

Newly Enlightened
Update: Spoke with the store that sold me the light, they called eagletac who told them it could be an "over sensative MCU". Recommeded return and replacement of the light. I shipped it back and the store is going to send a new one.

I did cycle through all of the modes and settings, this ocurred in all of them. Any setting less than full power output, bezel fully tight, light would turn off then back on. I plan on using this for LE so this was not acceptable.

Cairo

Newly Enlightened
I have a similar problem with mine. what do you think I should do? I don't want to go through a load of hassle. Any thoughts?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of these lights and have had no problem, but these are a mass produced product and some will have a problem.

This then becomes a problem of where and how you bought the G25C2 MKll.

There is always good reason to buy for the ease of handling a mass produced product than only considering price.