Another Keychain Flashlight thread

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Got it, thank you all for your advices! And sorry Polagirl for deviating the focus of your thread..

You didn't deviate that much at all. Much of what you said like batteries blowing up is quite relevant and is a sub issue that I am very interested in getting more posts about.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Yoyoman suggested you can buy an inexpensive volt meter if you will feel more comfortable. I own several meters, but i got in the habit of knowing my lights and batteries. It is similar to driving where I know when I go over 300 miles on a gas tank I better get gas soon. The gas gauge helps the same way as the volt meter.
Got it, thank you all for your advices! And sorry Polagirl for deviating the focus of your thread..

Zorzi

Newly Enlightened
As Yoyoman suggested you can buy an inexpensive volt meter if you will feel more comfortable.

Hi FlashKat, thanks. I actually already have a multimeter, it is just that I have to create an easy and safe procedure that works for me to use/manage Li-Ion cells. I have ordered some lights and protected 18650 and 14500, let's see how much I like them ;)

rpm00

Enlightened
Some pictures.

From the left: Peak Eiger 10180 body with Oveready delrin cap, Tain Ottavino 10280, cut down Maratac AAA, cut down Lumintop Worm, Peak Eiger 10180 with Oveready Nichia 219 mule, DQG Spy

Awesome collection! I don't understand the Eiger 10180 though. I can't seem to find one on Peak or Overready. Is it just a Eiger head with a Overready delrin body cap? Or is there something else I'm missing?

It looks great whatever it is!

Also are those QTCs flickery when you ramp them like my Quantum DD?

Thanks!

rpm00

Enlightened
The 10180 bodies don't seem to be available now. They are great. QTC is not perfect but I like it.

Ah. So it's a discontinued body. Yeah they seem to only make the AAA now. Maybe I'll look for one used. Thanks!

adammg

Newly Enlightened
Keychain Flashlight Recommendations

Looking to get some keychain flashlights as gifts for family. Its been awhile since I've researched or bought a flashlight, I'm still using my 4 year old Martac AAA on my keychain. Whats come out good since then? They are mainly for EDC/Emergency, navigating indoors a little outdoors say walking around a campsite. More throw than flood if possible. Something to have on their person at all time. Also longest runtime is very important. Durable AAA under $50.

Thanks
Adammg

Last edited: