Another new incandescent lamp coming out?!?!

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
Unless those stick-on bits do something else... like protect from initial power surges, which might increase lifespan.

(I am not saying it is not a scam, just that there is a possibility it might not be)

idleprocess

Flashaholic
(I am not saying it is not a scam, just that there is a possibility it might not be)
You're going about it all wrong - spinning it as a good thing only because it hasn't been conclusively and decisively shown to be a fraud. This is despite all the signs that their secret-sauce unnamed magic pixie dust just doesn't exist, the ad copy bears an eerie resemblance to all the sketchy "suburban mom discovers secret diet pill" ads you see on websites, and it also plays on the general idea that "big companies" are out to screw the little guy through withholding secrets.

In order to make a claim, you have to support it. This thing doesn't seem to exist outside of kickstarter ad copy and has been riddled with holes by armchair analysis. I'm of the opinion that it's rubbish, but could be convinced by a teardown and analysis by a reputable, unaffiliated third party such as electronupdate.

It's walking, and quacking.
Also has an identical flight pattern and is spotted in the same locations throughout the year.

MattPete

Newly Enlightened
Unless those stick-on bits do something else... like protect from initial power surges, which might increase lifespan.

I think the stick-on diode is a way to get around GTE/Sylvania patents.

Jack Kim

Newly Enlightened
It is a very nice approach, but I got know that this incandescent lamp requires lot of money in terms of its maintenance and also utilization. can anyone help me by notifying that it is different and also cost effective.

broadgage

Enlightened
This is a scam pure and simple.
Applying an infra red reflective coating to a halogen capsule DOES increase the efficiency of the lamp, but only moderately. It is established technology. By reflecting otherwise wasted heat back towards the filament, less energy is needed to heat a certain sized filament, or the same energy may heat a larger filament.

The life of an incandescent lamp may be greatly extended may operating it at a lower than intended voltage. But so doing greatly reduces the efficiency.

The magic "power disk" can not alter the basic laws of physics.

If other factors remain unaltered, lower voltage lamps ARE more efficient but only slightly. Here in the UK with 240 volt lighting circuits, there would be an economic case for use of 120 volt lamps in series pairs, in practice the complication and risks of mistakes are not worth the slight improvement in efficiency.

I suspect that the promoters of these lamps are simply lying about the life or the light output, probably both.

turbodog

Flashaholic
The half wave rectifier and IR reflection are already used in sylvania rough service bulbs. I used to own a few. Were really great bulbs and lasted forever. No idea on efficacy. Filament was in a smaller high pressure bulb. Then that was enclosed in a THICK (like 1/4") outer bulb.