anxiety disorders suck

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, get better informed, the B vitamins are not fat-soluble but water-soluble and are eliminated in the urine.
Thanks for setting me straight on that point. Upon further research to confirm, you are correct on that point. B vitamins are in fact water soluble. Sorry I got that one wrong.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for setting me straight on that point. Upon further research to confirm, you are correct on that point. B vitamins are in fact water soluble. Sorry I got that one wrong.
No problem, we are all here to learn something.

I'm reminded of this song -

I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh, well

Now when I talked to God I knew He'll understand
He said, "Sit by me and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh, well.

Jeez people, read a little before commenting. Anxiety is not always a product of stress. In some people it is just how their brain works, and it's often genetic, proven by twin studies to be nature, not nurture.

Medications can help. Exercise is probably the most reliable treatment, definitely with the best side effects. Often far better treatment than meds. Diet and sleep are close second in treatment.

PTSD as a result of childhood trauma can be a cause of non-genetic anxiety. That can be treated with therapy. Surprisingly (but only to those who have never tried them) psilocybin mushrooms can be extremely effective at treating PTSD.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
PTSD as a result of childhood trauma can be a cause of non-genetic anxiety. That can be treated with therapy. Surprisingly (but only to those who have never tried them) psilocybin mushrooms can be extremely effective at treating PTSD.
This has been known since the early 1960s, but it was not good before.
Today they decided it's okay.

It can be very interesting to read in depth the story of Timothy Leary and his experiences at Harvard.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
My youngest son has PTSD from a childhood trauma. We won't do meds…his mother is a pediatric surgeon at a Level I trauma hospital, so there's no convincing her otherwise.

Hopefully he joins me in the gym when he's of training age. He has to always be doing something…zero downtime.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I tried them once. It was a very nice experience. So nice, in fact, I decided it would be best for them to be a one n done kinda experience.
I've read that this therapy is used in a medical setting where you're in a therapist's office while this is being used. Something about the combination of the substance and the therapist's guidance working together makes a difference. I don't think it's a mainstream treatment yet though.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My only time with shrooms was the morning of day 2 of the blizzard of 2000 (on the east coast). About brunch time two buddies and I split a batch and played in the snow for a while. Living beside a lake we watched the snow slowly change the water surface from a liquid, to slurpee-like to frozen.

Drinking bottled beer the caps would submerge on an angle and freeze partially sticking up. Toss a rock into the water and the splash would freeze. It would have been sureal sober, but under the influence just made it more interesting.

Turn to look at my buddy and his face was all covered with snow like you'd see in the movies. And just as gently as it came on the buzz was gone in a few hours with no hangover at all other than being tired. But I attributed that to playing in 3 feet of powdered snow for about 4 hours as much as anything.

That night it sleeted about 2" and coated the powder with ice pellets. Living next to that lake about 50 yards from my apartment and was about 25 feet above the water meant sliding on a hill at warp speed the next day. I had picked up my sons from their moms the evening before and played on the hillside for the next few days with them. Sober of course.

Down the road a time my buddy offered me some more shrooms and I declined, cause like you said CG one and done.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My youngest son inherited his mom's worry-wart gene so at times little things seem like they are a really big to him. Unlike his mom's family who get more anxious with age he is learning to accept the challenges of being a nervous wreck at times. Hobbies help, but excersize is probably his best therapy. When he stopped drinking Mt Dew by the gallon the lack of caffiene helped too.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get on one of these if you want to feel what some go through. It was better back in the day…no helmet and no vest.

This is just a little ole 3 year old

F05A4D83-F60C-4655-892D-4EE560F7861C.jpeg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I would avoid any type of mind altering drug except under a controlled environment (in a locked building supervised by doctors). I've had some family experience in this area before. Both of my brothers had colon cancer. I don't know what the doctors gave them for their treatment, but it changed their personality and made them nuts.

The first time it happened was to my autistic brother I was taking care of. I found every book in the house ripped to shreds under his bed. When I asked him about it, he freaked out and tried to run away. I tried to restrain him by grabbing his hands, but he grabbed a pack of sweet and sour sauce and smashed it into my hand and ran out the door. When I caught up to him, I took him to my Dad's house where there were more family members for reinforcements. He ended up dragging both my Dad and my brother across the floor before they could restrain him and keep him from running away. Eventually, whatever they gave him got out of his system.

The second time it happened was to my other brother. He had been missing for a couple days. We got the police involved and called the hospitals. We found him at a hospital in Poway, CA. He had escaped there once earlier that day barefoot and had been found miles away by Lowes before being brought back. He couldn't remember where he left his car, his wallet, or his insulin. He insisted on going home despite the doctors urging him to stay. We signed him out eventually and took him for food. His wallet, car key, and insulin had been in his hospital room the whole time until we signed him out (He still didn't know where his car was.) He was acting weird. He went around with a water bottle trying to "baptize" everything. He asked for some money for a snack and with the change kept dropping the coins everywhere and refused to let us pick them up. We drove him home for a night of sleep, but drove him back to the hospital the next day. After awhile, he remembered he parked his car by the fire department where he had received a ride in an ambulance. He ended up in psychiatric care on suicide watch for 2 weeks and had to sign something saying he wouldn't have any weapons (guns, knives) for 5 years.

I make sure never to let any doctor give me any type of mind altering drug with my family history. 21 years of martial arts training and a brain with a screw loose makes for a disastrous combination.