Any information on this Sylvania 8 amp charger?

darcyh

Newly Enlightened

I picked this charger at Menards for about $22. It is supposed use a 9 stage charging system, up to 8 amps and also 12 / 24 volts. It is claimed this smart charger will charge a battery with a low aa 1.5 volts of initial voltage.

Unfortunately the manual is not very helpful. It looks like an interesting full featured charger, but without the manual to explain the functions like LFP and error codes the utility is reduced. Anyone had a chance to explore this thing? If so what does LFP mean? Perhaps related to a float of some type.

Thanks for any info.

Bright+

Newly Enlightened
Something is off. In the features section, it says 6 or 12v. In the specs section, it says 12v or 24v.

darcyh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses.

Well I went back and re-read the manual. This is what I can decipher. This is the 8 amp model that can charge 12 and 24 batteries. The lower amp models 6 amp and lower don't do 24 volt but give you 6 and 12 volts.

Cycling through the modes you can chose 12 or 24 volts. The car icon indicates 4 amp charge. The truck icon = 8 amp charge. The snow flake increases the charge voltage from 14.6 to 14.8 volts supposedly for cold weather charging.
The LFP icon is for LiFeP04 lithium cells and charge rate is 8 amps.

With detachable cord with clips as well as one with ring connectors, I believe this charger is decent for the money.