Anybody have the PT Fuel?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally saw one in person at Gander Mountain and it's a LOT smaller than I thought, but it was the 15 lumen version and not the new 35 lumen. I can't seem to find much of anything on here except a mention of the update. I'm pretty much sold on it, I'm cool with the fact it uses 3aaa and isn't regulated and also glad to hear that after 2 seconds of having on a mod, the next will be off instead of having to cycle through all of the modes. In other words, on paper at least, it's perfect for me, but that's just paper.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an e-mail from zbattery.com and they carry the 35 lumen, but black only for those interested.

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
I mentioned my experience with the Fuel in another thread, but will repeat it here. I recently purchased the 35 lumen version. As an owner of several Quads and Eoses, I was looking forward to the more compact form factor and lighter weight.

I was disappointed. Despite the higher rating, the Fuel was less bright in ceiling bounce comparisons than my other PTs. The design also leaves no spill at my feet, a problem for my primary applcation of night running. Finally, the tint was an angrier angry blue than my Quads.

I wondered if I received an old version in new packaging and even inquired about such through PT's "contact us" form. I didn't hear back and this returned the light to where I bought it for a refund.

Jack

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for your input Jack, definately gives me something to think on. I think it may be possible you did get an older one in a new package because I believe the new ones use a Nichia DS which from what I've read on them, are a bit whiter than all previous Nichias.