Anyone ever mod a princeton tec ??

joe73

Newly Enlightened
Hi!! Great site here!!! I just did a search and didnt see any info on modding a princeton tec light. I have, if I remember correctly, a Tec20 (2AA) that was halogen but I bought the LED upgrade from princeton tec. Not very bright. I also have the attitude (4AA) with the single LED and the magnifying lens. I like both of the lights because of their durability, but they are not bright at all. I'm just wondering how hard it would be to mod it with a Cree bulb. And to have 3 modes would even be better.

My main reason for looking for info on the two princetons that I have is that I used to use them for hunting. Nice to have the wrist lanyard and the twist head. Easy to carry, pretty light and it did the job. But like every other flashaholic, I'd like to upgrade. I just picked up the solarforce L2T and put in the XML 3 mode from manafont. I will be using it for this hunting season because its real bright as well as having a nice low output setting. But its rear clicky which makes it kind of hard to use while walking. I'd love to have a comparable light that has a normal side switch.

Any easy mods for the Princeton Tec's?? Thanks guys.

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
I would really like to mod my princeton tec dive lights. However problem one is that I dont know how to mod it and problem two is I doubt the plastic body would handle the heat from a good powerful LED.

joe73

Newly Enlightened
Heat, thats a good point. Didnt even think of that problem. I was more concerned with the twist type head being the bigger problem. Oh well, no mods for the princeton. I'll just give them to the kids.