Anyone have a CB radio handle?

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were the early cb radios like the earlier scanners meaning you had to buy crystals for the channels you wanted to use?

Yep - one of my first CB base station radio's was a Hallicrafters with about 5 channels and you had to buy both transmit and receive crystals for each channel.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I had one back in the day...but only numbers because I couldn't come up with a good handle. So I just went with Southern California 380.

I've had tons of radios...first one was a Realistic TRC 482, that a tech buddy of mine got screamin...it dead keyed at 1 watt and swung to 22 watts. I used to **** off a ton of people (not intentionally...all the time anyway). Everyone always thought I had a box hooked up but when they saw that it was just your standard setup, they couldn't believe it. Needless to say after a few years (and a roger beep and connex board installed), the finals blew.

I then had a Galaxy DX something or other...the one with the analog meter. I think the finals blew on it or something. RCI 2950, Galaxy Saturn Turbo (Base), and a couple of cheapo radios.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
Wow, this thread brings back memories. My handle was George Strait...I know, pretty cheesy but I was still a big fan back then.

Don't feel bad, I was the " Arizona Silver Bullet " , KVL1476, back when you needed a license to talk CB. Heck, back in the mid to late '70s, everything seems cheesy in retrospeck. Yup, elephant bell bottom pants, Coors double pop top beer cans and CB, life was good:crackup:

Latest posts