Anyone have any issues with Jetbeam BA10 switch?

Inconceivable

Newly Enlightened
I got a PC10 about 2 months ago that had a spongy/squishy & gritty feel t it. After some research on the forums I figured the gritty could be solved but the squishy was inherent with Jetbeam light. I returned it because I am used to the Fenix way and like the feel of there switches.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a PC10 about 2 months ago that had a spongy/squishy & gritty feel t it. After some research on the forums I figured the gritty could be solved but the squishy was inherent with Jetbeam light. I returned it because I am used to the Fenix way and like the feel of there switches.

I've heard people complain about the switch in Jetbeam's P and B series lights, but I own a BC-10, PA-10 and PC-10. The BC-10 was my first ever name brand LED light, and its still my EDC light that spends its days in my front pocket scratching up against my keys and other objects, and it get used at least a little just about every day/night, and I didnt really pay attention to the squishy-ness of its switch when I first got it because I had no other lights to compare it to. Now that I DO have other lights to compare it to.... I dont pay attention to it at all!

Its absolutely not a big deal. Its got a tiny, insignificant little space between the boot and the switch but who cares? It doesnt have any negative consequences at all. Also, its boot isnt really thin like someone else said, and Jetbeam includes an extra boot with these lights anyway.

As far as the switch itself, it is a long throw switch with more travel to it. Its not as heavy feeling as other switches, but that doesnt mean its weak. It just doesnt seem to have as stiff a spring built into it. It doesnt seem to be as smooth in its travel as other switches, as there is some minor roughness, but its extremely minor and its always been there but hasnt either gotten worse or caused any problems at all.

I dont have any tools to remove the switch as nothing I've tried like scissors or tweezers has worked, so I havent been able to lubricate the switch at all. But it still works as consistently as it did a year ago.

All in all, I think people are being way too picky and concerned over this.

Last edited:

Inconceivable

Newly Enlightened
I don't believe there was anything mechanically wrong with the switch. I am coming from a Fenix switch. I was very interested in the Jetbeam line and wanted to try something from them. Everything else on the light was solid. For me the switch did not instill confidence. Picky......maybe. But since we are paying more for these than the average run of the mill light I do expect more. I think we all have something specific we want from a light hence why we are here (on these forums). I am glad you like yours. My needs are different.

samd

Newly Enlightened
I was able to unscrew the collar to get to the switch using needle nose pliers. One tip in each indentation.

pizza8guy888

Newly Enlightened
I know this is been a quiet thread for a weeks weeks now, but I hope this info can help someone. I own a Jetbeam Pa20 which has the same switch as discussed here. I too had problems with it. I then realized that it is just a McClicky knockoff. Same dimensions, etc, just not as high quality. I then Purchased a McClicky switch online and love everything about my Jetbeam Pa20 now, very solid. So If you guys enjoy the light but hate the switch. Go get a McClicky in that bad boy and enjoy. Just my opinion. I am probably going to order a Ba10 tonight actually and just also purchase a McClicky for it as well.

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both a PA10 and the RRT-2 and both of them had squishy switches. I turned a piece of Delrin rod on the lathe and made a shim that goes between the rubber switch cover and the plunger of the switch to take up the slack. It now feels like it has a McClicky in it. The McClicky and the Jetbeam switches are very similar, but, they're slightly different in a few dimensions, I can't recall which ones, though.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I can put a McClicky switch inside my BA10?
Yes, but, it will make the already squishy button even worse.

4733e71b2719defaa046ddb0ac15a6bf.jpg

That white plastic disk at the top of the photo is the piece that goes between the button and the switch to eliminate the squishyness. Placing the McClicky into my Jetbeam with that disk made my switch as squishy as it was stock. Without that disk it's just plain awful.