Anyone still use their Eternalights?

freeze12

Enlightened
I have 2 Eternalights which I hardly use anymore. The big downfall is the Battery mounting in the light... Springs on both sides to hold the Batterys which is a PITA to install the Batterys in before they pop out!You would think after all this time that they would come out with a better Battery mounting system.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
ABSOLUTELY! Ditto all of the positive comments above!! No collection would be "complete" (it there is such a thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) without one (or actually several!!).

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello V8TOYTRUCK,

I have several. I always take one (or more) along with me on camping trips.

I enjoy all the features, and in the dark setting of a camp site, the light is quite good as well.

A LS version with the option of switching back to the lower power LED's would be interesting. I would certainly get an Elite SuperMax LS if it became available.

Tom

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still use my Ergo 3. I like the fact that it's dimmable, but hate the fact that I need a screwdriver to change the batteries (not that I've had to change them often). A built-in belt clip would be nice, as would an LS version. Maybe replace 1 or 2 of the LED's with LS's, and make it switchable between the two types.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll ask this again as a separate question. Where is the best/cheapest place to buy the eternalights? Eppescorner is the cheapest I have seen thus far at least for the Elitemax.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
I'll ask this again as a separate question. Where is the best/cheapest place to buy the eternalights? Eppescorner is the cheapest I have seen thus far at least for the Elitemax.

[/ QUOTE ]

geep,

I can't answer that, but I just went to Eppe's corner and I found the site very unfriendly, actually confusing. I've rarely if ever had that experience before; in fact I wasn't even sure how to look up Eternalight. Any hints?

Brightnorm

DougNel

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

geep,

I can't answer that, but I just went to Eppe's corner and I found the site very unfriendly, actually confusing. I've rarely if ever had that experience before; in fact I wasn't even sure how to look up Eternalight. Any hints?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Try: http://eppescorner.safeshopper.com/2/355.htm?907

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Granted, Eppes web site is not too user friendly but $68.95 is the lowest I've seen on a Elite Max. Still a lot to pay for something that regardless of features still only has four Nichia LEDs. I'm pretty sure I bought my Eternalight X-ray at Eppes corner.

flashlightDR

Newly Enlightened
Of all the Flashlights that I have, and I do have quite afew; the Eternalight is the one I grab the most.

As I live in California, I was thinking which light I would take if I had to evacuate; and it was my Eternalight. What else would you take to a shelter? Its durable, waterproof, very adjustable, fits in your pocket, has a nightlight and can last a very long time on one set of batteries--it can even entertain you. There is nothing else like it for task lighting! (We "CPF'ers" sometime get too hung up on throw and Lumens)

sotyakr

Enlightened
After several months absence, I'm looking forward to finally being reunited with my EliteXRay later this week. It was left during a visit with friends who live about 3 hours away.

Since they took good care of the XRay, they'll be getting a Derringer for Christmas.