anyone tried eGear Focus Control 100/ River Rock Tec Trek/ Browning Pro Hunter Maxus?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Last edited:

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would get more info on the bin, not just brand, of each led of each light. The Rayovac is an xp-c (70 lumen/watt), while the focus control is a rebel 90 (90 lumen/watt). Also color and lens is important.

The Rayovac is about $15 and sold locally, so is great as it serves purpose instantly.

Also do not believe runtime that they state. 3 AAA batt pack has about 3 watt hours. Therefore, you will not be happy with level of light after 3 hours of any of these lights when used as a work light. Yes they may keep kids happy for 10-17 hours.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Footnotes on the aaa format: that I haven't found a 3aaa light that I couldn't yet modify to 3 aa with $7 in parts (amazing goop, aa holders, 3watt variable pot, elastic, hotglue, solder) and 45 minutes. Also, I have been buying cheap 3 aaa 9 led flashlights from harbor freight, then replacing one of the 3 aa with a dummy battery. They pull 60 milliamp with 2 alkaline (still bright) and 11 milliamps with 2 nimh. With two 2nimh, it lights perfect for bedtime for the kids to read books, and batteries last week even with kids usually falling asleep with light on.