ARC LS Mod?

AndrewKelley

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to have someone put a new LED in my Arc-LS LSL-P. This is one of my all-time favorite lights, but the old LED just isn't cutting it anymore. I *do* have extras of the retaining rings that hold the emitter/electronics assembly in the head. I *don't* have the expertise to put in a new LED. I would appreciate suggestions on where to get it modded, and on the mod that I should request.

Thanks!

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not in the mod business, but from working on my own, the simplest upgrade is to replace the Luxeon LED with the vintage SSC-P4 LED of your favorite tint. The form factor is identical, so everything else still fits, and the light output is doubled. However, I exchange the optic for a reflector for a better beam. I don't know how hard it may be now to obtain a good tint SSC-P4.

I'm sure you could get even more light and efficiency and tint control with a contemporary XML/XPG etc, but the form factors are all different and would require a lot of work to retrofit, get good heat transfer, and a good beam.

PM me for my PDF ARC LS takeapart guide.

Last edited:

Latest posts