Arc on Tech TV-Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Thank you for this good video on Arc Products. Have you the same in French /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I read and write in english, but it's very difficult to me to understand in "live" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
Thank you for this good video on Arc Products. Have you the same in French /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I read and write in english, but it's very difficult to me to understand in "live" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point Frenchy. I know the show is seen many places around the world. I woulden't be surprised if it had foreign subtitles. You might try downloading and saving the file and playing it with ATI or some of the other media players that support subtitles. Here is a higher resolution version Big File of Arc on Tech TV If subtitling is there this file should contain it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Spade

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting the clips, Fred. That was the only way I would have been able to see it. As neat as it was, it still did not do the LS justice. If I knew nothing about Arcs, I would want to check them out to find out what goes into a $150 flashlight. It must be one of those things you have to witness in person to believe.

scuba

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want I'll send you the text in french. Just give me a little time.

Ca me fera plaisir

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
Nice job on the clip, Fred. What input card did you use to digitize it?

[/ QUOTE ]

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600. Captured and recorded. I used Windows XP movie maker to edit. First time!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600. Captured and recorded. I used Windows XP movie maker to edit. First time!!

[/ QUOTE ]
sweet card im always amazed at its captureing abilties

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh... is it based on the BTI chipset? I've tried older versions of the Radeon capture cards (TV Wonder, etc) and the video quality was really poor. I've also tried the Video Blaster from Creative, an MPEG-2 device (supposedly), and the video stinks from that one also. The distortions appear to be in the analog domain, as they exhibit as beats, chroma-luma delay, poor high-freq response, that kind of stuff. The video quality of your capture was fabulous by comparison.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh... is it based on the BTI chipset? I've tried older versions of the Radeon capture cards (TV Wonder, etc) and the video quality was really poor. I've also tried the Video Blaster from Creative, an MPEG-2 device (supposedly), and the video stinks from that one also. The distortions appear to be in the analog domain, as they exhibit as beats, chroma-luma delay, poor high-freq response, that kind of stuff. The video quality of your capture was fabulous by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]
new ones are on the rage theture 200 i belive

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:

[/ QUOTE ]
new ones are on the rage theture 200 i belive

[/ QUOTE ]
A-ha... thanks, Raggie. Now I know what my next computer upgrade is going to be! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i should say im not sure all the new ones have it i mean the aiw cards luike 9000 and above ibeive.. my 9000 pro aiw had it it was a great at captureing

N162E

Enlightened
Ok Guys, one time and one time only. This is not really the place but it is Christmas and enough of you are curious. Here it is, How I made the video.

I used an ATI 9600 All-IN-WONDER card. This card is exactly what it says, tuner capture and video card all in one. Source was Comcast cable. Recorded Quality was DVD, the entire hour used up almost 4 gigs. I turned off all other functions on the computer and allowed the show to record automatically by timer. I did not touch the machine, No Interference.

The server is my own dedicated server with Rackspace running Win 2003. The hardest part of the process was editing out the two minutes you actually see. I used the windows Movie Maker and it was very awkward to work with. I saved the file in three different sizes for download convenience. The largest file contained less than one fifth of the original info.

As far as chipsets and stuff like that, I have told you all I know. My Puter is a P-4 2.8 gig Hyperthreaded system with all the new goodies incl 4-Seagate 160 gig drives.

I have sent a copy of the entire file of the show to Peter on DVD, He can view it as data on his puter or turn it into an entertainment DVD.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
N162E said:
The hardest part of the process was editing out the two minutes you actually see. I used the windows Movie Maker and it was very awkward to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

For future captures you might want to try something like this
http://www.brizsoft.com/avisplit/
it lets you break a large AVI file into clips without recompressing them so it is very quick. Then you can just take your clip and save it in whatever format you want alot faster. I have used it before with great success though it says the current version is limited to files 2gb or less.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the DVD-R. Thanks Fred!

To make my own recording:

1. DirectTivo 2(SA) (satellite to hard disk without conversion)
2. SVHS to Sony Digital recorder
3. Firewire to XP computer

Only one analog step and that was at SVHS quality over a short cable.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.