Are Fenix Flashlights Really That good

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see so many Fenix supporters. Now I know I jumped into this with a good brand of product.

That's right! Every flashaholic knows that their collection is not complete without at least one single Fenix light! :)

In my case, two (E21 and TK35). Soon to be three: PD32. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see so many Fenix supporters. Now I know I jumped into this with a good brand of product.

That's right! Every flashaholic knows that their collection is not complete without at least one single Fenix light! :)

In my case, two (E21 and TK35). Soon to be three: PD32. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TK35 and I lost the tint lottery, but I have not had any problems other than that. All this talk about Fenix makes me want to try some of their other lights...

Yeah i lost the tint lottery too, i got a greenish one instead of a cool white T6. Oh well, the greenish only comes out in the lower mode. At least its not as green as the S2 from the Quark series. haha...

By all means try more of their lights. Check out the PD32, the TK21 (baby Tk35 hehe), and even the bigger TK70, the TK41 thrower and more and more.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I said it once before somewhere.

Anyone suffering from any sort of tint problem, please send them to me. I will even pay the shipping.:)
My TK35 might be a tiny bit green-ish on low, but hey, I just crank it up and marvel at all those lumens.
I'll take all your green torches.

You serious? How much will you buy 'em? PM me for details.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Fenix is great in my book! I own the E01, E05, LD10, TK35, TK40, TK45, TK60, and the TK70. No problems here!

loquutis79

Enlightened
Hey Roadkill1109, I said send me your tinted torches and I'll pay the shipping cost.....only the shipping cost:]
I figured people dislike the green so much I would be willing to take them off their hands.

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
I remember seeing a youtube video a few years ago where some guys took a Fenix TK1 and ran over it with a large truck a few times, froze it in a block of ice, dropped it in boiling water, threw it on a lit barbecue pit and it still worked. The final destructive test came when they put it in a hydraulic press. Since the head of the light is the larges part the press then that is the part that the press ended up pressing. But look at the thickness of the walls of the head. At 17,000 pounds of pressure the head began to deform and the front lens blew out but the light stayed on. The pressure continued to climb at at 21,000 pounds of pressure the light finally went out. Does Fenix make good lights? Yes.

chuckg

Newly Enlightened
I have to give my 2 cents here.. My old nightstand light was a 2D LED Mag which I *thought* was nice and bright. I bought a Fenix PD32 because I wanted something a little smaller that would run on a 18650 (rechargeable battery). When it arrived, I was surprised with how small the overall size was - and then I turned it on. WHOA! The PD32 has 4 brightness settings and, get this: the Fenix on LOW was about the same brightness as the 2D Mag. The other three levels completely blew the Mag away. Totally worth $55.

I have a mini mag light and it lights stuff up. I see this Fenix brand all over the place and wonder what the big deal is?

Last edited:

sidoe

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up my first one its a simple E21 model for 31 bucs shipped Its a very well made light.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Roadkill1109, I said send me your tinted torches and I'll pay the shipping cost.....only the shipping cost:]
I figured people dislike the green so much I would be willing to take them off their hands.

haha! no sale then :) hehe i'm happy even if its green in the lower modes. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to give my 2 cents here.. My old nightstand light was a 2D LED Mag which I *thought* was nice and bright. I bought a Fenix PD32 because I wanted something a little smaller that would run on a 18650 (rechargeable battery). When it arrived, I was surprised with how small the overall size was - and then I turned it on. WHOA! The PD32 has 4 brightness settings and, get this: the Fenix on LOW was about the same brightness as the 2D Mag. The other three levels completely blew the Mag away. Totally worth $55.

Congrats on your PD32! :) Makes me want to order one now! :)

Runtimes must be excellent due to the smaller R5 led.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember seeing a youtube video a few years ago where some guys took a Fenix TK1 and ran over it with a large truck a few times, froze it in a block of ice, dropped it in boiling water, threw it on a lit barbecue pit and it still worked. The final destructive test came when they put it in a hydraulic press. Since the head of the light is the larges part the press then that is the part that the press ended up pressing. But look at the thickness of the walls of the head. At 17,000 pounds of pressure the head began to deform and the front lens blew out but the light stayed on. The pressure continued to climb at at 21,000 pounds of pressure the light finally went out. Does Fenix make good lights? Yes.

Fenix made "a" good light, the T1. Unfortunately that kind of reliability hasn't transferred over to all of their models (at least in my experience).

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a PD30 that someone lost...stuck in a working kitchen stove for 2 years
then re-discovered it and sent it to me to fix/dump/whatever...they were done with it

still works great after many bake and cake and pie and whatever went through that stove for 2 years
it was a mess when I first got it, batteries burnt and solidified in the barrel

so..yeah...r-e-l-i-a-b-l-e and I would want a Fenix if I ever really depend on a light, like my next mission to space
or deserted island

W0HYw.jpg

A4RnK.jpg

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE ONE 127.0.0.1!!!! THAT's extreme testing. The light doesn't look like it suffered at all.

I do have a question however: how in the world did they loose a flashlight inside an oven of all places????????????????

budynabuick

Enlightened
NICE ONE 127.0.0.1!!!! THAT's extreme testing. The light doesn't look like it suffered at all.

I do have a question however: how in the world did they loose a flashlight inside an oven of all places????????????????

+1 Yea, i lost a chicken in the oven for a couple years...........but a flashlight?

Keith

Dubois

Enlightened
Last Christmas I decided to buy a friend a light. He lives on a boat, so I thought a new, small light might be appreciated. I looked on Amazon, thinking that the Led Lenser was the bees knees. One review pointed me to Fenix, so I thought, yeah, that looks OK. I got a gift set E05 & LD10. Friend was very happy. He has (had) Maglites, but was finding them too heavy. He was blown away by even the E05, and was very happy. I wasn't. So I bought myself a LD20, which was great. Then a keychain gift set (LD01 for me, E01 for my wife). Then a Jetbeam PA40 (neutral), then a SC600W, then a Spark ST460NW .... It's a disease!

my#1hobby

Enlightened

I think it was dropped into a pellet stove, not a stove for cooking. I remember the thread on it. :)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
(...) So I bought myself a LD20, which was great. Then a keychain gift set (LD01 for me, E01 for my wife). Then a Jetbeam PA40 (neutral), then a SC600W, then a Spark ST460NW .... It's a disease!
I'm laughing out loud! :twothumbs
Unfortunately I have to agree! In January I decided to buy one 2AA and one 1AA flashlights to replace my old Nitecore and ended up bying 3 x 2AA, 3x1AA and 2xCR123...
3 of them Fenix lights and I have to agree: they are awesome!