everywhere. At work, in all our
cars, at my dad's house, at
my sisters house, with my kids...
I quess if my dog had pockets,
he'd be carrying spares also...

-Rebus

mylan

Newly Enlightened
Yes, Leatherman Wave + tooladapter, Swiss Champ and minimag on belt, solitaire in pocket and a Princeton Tec Pulsar on my keychain, and sometimes a Gerber Air Ranger 2 in my pocket or a Neck Peck from CRKT on my neck.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I don't go anywhere without my ARC-AAA.
I sleep with it around my neck along with a SAK classic black alox and only remove them to shower. I also wear a watch 24/7. These are my most used/useful items.

Additionally, my EDC gear, a substantial amount of stuff, goes with me everytime I leave the house.

It has become second nature to carry all this stuff, so yes, I guess I AM addicted.

Maybe I need a flashaholics anonymous...
It might take more than 12 steps, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
... I would like to carry duel 1911's in a shoulder rig as EDC but I bet they'd weigh huh? I'd like to see the face on the applications officer for a CC Permit for that set up...

[/ QUOTE ]

tsg,

Do you CC in NYC? I looked into legal civilian possibilities and they are depressingly limited. Mr Sullivan casts a dark shadow over those of us who are responsible citizens and would like to be treated as such.

Brightnorm

onelight

Enlightened
ARC-AAA on neck lanyard & ARC-ls twisty in watch pocket always. Then add other lights to fit the situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Tomas

Banned
Not all of the Left Coast, Doug. Oregon and Washington trust citizens to carry even if Kalifornia doesn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

====

Someone mentioned wearing a watch as EDC.

Mine is so much a part of me that it would make probably more sense to just have one implanted ... That's why I forgot to even mention it, I guess.

I've EDC'd a watch since I got 'Mickey' for my birthday in 1953.

If somehow I was super rushed and forgot my watch (or if, horrors, my watch broke on me) I'd franticly cast about until I got another on me.

This explains the drawer full of cheapo watches that I have grabbed at whatever place might sell me one when I am distraught about not being properly equipped.

I've trimmed down my stash of watches to very few, now, and except for a couple of collectables in storage have only two: A Seiko Arctura Kinetic and an Eddie Bauer lighted field watch (you can't count the mil-spec SandY 590 - it hasn't got here yet). *

Of course I'm looking at a Traser S1300 enviously ...

*sigh* It's not just carrying, it's collecting, isn't it?

How else can I explain all the knives, flashlights, watches, guns, electronic gadgets, computer thingies, etcetera, etcetera?

The Pshrinks must have a word for us ...

T_sig6.gif

* Update: The SandY 590 arived today, 25AUG03. Very pleasant watch, excellent face, weighs next to nothing. The Traser's all light up QUITE nicely with all green except for the 12/24 which is orange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lhz

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:

So LARGE/small seems to follow a format too, is it due to size/weight/available space, or are we just conditioned to carry items in that format?
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The small stuff is what I'm willing to put in my pockets or on my belt without any unsightly bulges showing. (Note: I work in an office environment, so its not good to look like Tim the Toolman Taylor)

The big stuff is what will pull my pants down the moment I unbuckle my belt, so it goes into my backpack (Again, I take great pains to avoid the 'invading a foreign country' look). I regret getting the black Blackhawk Cyclone instead of the maroon one, which would look even less conspicious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can look at it another way, the small stuff I'm guaranteed to have with me anytime, anywhere.

The big stuff I HOPE I have access to it when I need it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Yes, I am addicted. That's one of my favorite things about flashlights and knives, that you can carry your toys with you all the time.

As for the big and little item, there are times when a different size tool is better for the job. Usually I carry a big and small light (L4 or Scorpion and Arc AAA), and a large and small knife (Microtech Amphibian and Leatherman Squirt). You don't want to blind everyone in a theater with the L4, or freak out strangers by flipping open the Microtech with a loud clack just to cut a stray thread.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm, I don't keep any firearms here in NYC (way too much money and hassle to have to permit them and you are right, a CC permit is way too much trouble to obtain here. I own firearms which are stored with relatives ( I miss my 1911) awaiting the day I can move to a more carry friendly environment and I am an NRA member hoping to continue to protect the portions of our 2nd Ammendment rights that have yet to be infringed upon from the lunatics! I will add a firearm to my EDC as soon as I can comfortably move to a better jurisdiction.

I just ordered two of the Sangean SR1 radios discussed in the portable radio thread as a bag carry EDC for both my wife and I bought some spare batt containers from inanycase.com last week ( I have been assembling and tweeking small "urban survival" carry for my wife and I for some time now) . I will probably get some Aloksak waterproof bags to carry all of that stuff in as well (more for my BOB then for EDC but I will stick some in my courierbag that goes to work with me). During the blackout all of my info came via portable radios, one a boom box at work and the other my Walkman with some $5 speakers that I picked up at an Osco Drug in Boston years ago. I decided that since a decent portable radio may not always be available, I would like to have a micro radio and this looked like it fit the ticket soooo more stuff to add to EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
Ok you asked for it! I carry E1-E2-G2-ARCaaa-folding karambit-twobenchmade knives-spiderco police model-a cell phone-two way radio-handcuffs-cuff key-latex gloves-peperspray-beeper-level 3 vest-keys-buck multitool-swiss techpliers-pen and note pad-sunglasses-sunglass cleaning cloth-breath freshener-ciggs-zippo-and a .45 cal hand gun every day on my person at work. Maby I should change my name to BATMAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tomas

Banned
Drjones, I agree with that linked page, and indeed have behaved in that manner for over 30 years. This includes while temporarily living in New Jersey and visiting New York.

I do have a carry license for anything short of a full-auto weapon that I can conceal - in my home state.

Good reading. Thanks!

T_sig6.gif

FNG

Enlightened
SureFire G2Z, Arc AAA, Harley Davidson magnetic money clip and card holder, Dentist recommended 123 cells. Hoping to add a Benchmade 705BT.

G2Z in left front pocket then everything else in clockwise order. Got all four pockets covered.
fb4997d5.jpg

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
pttec402.jpg

^ always grab it when i go out the door..
have a minimag with a nexstar bulb on my belt..
6489_oc.JPG

^ i edc this walking stick whenever i walk instead of drive..
9577_oc.jpg

^ around the neck
and i also carry a pen knife..

i don't feel safe without bright and sharp things..

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Drjones, I agree with that linked page, and indeed have behaved in that manner for over 30 years. This includes while temporarily living in New Jersey and visiting New York.

I do have a carry license for anything short of a full-auto weapon that I can conceal - in my home state.

Good reading. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course you aren't the problem, but you would be the one to have your life ruined by an arrest. Some little punk getting arrested for the nth time would consider it just a litle vacation, maybe even a learning experience about avoiding getting caught the next time.
Too bad WA banned the private possession of full auto guns, not that I could afford one, but still. At least getting the CPL is easy, and not too expensive.

I usually carry a CMG Infinity (not the Ultra) in the day, and add a Surefire 9P at night. Plus the spotlight in the car. Except at work I have a Benchmade, an HK, and a small can of OC on me. Eventually I'll get around to ordering an Arc AAA.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry two tools daily. An ARC-AAA LE on a glowring and a Benchmade 942.
The only reason I am posting in this thread is because this morning I forgot to pack my knife. I feel that there is an empty spot on my person.
Hi, my name is Dana and I am addicted to carrying.

This is post number 1975 for me.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Good read, Doc.

I feel naked without my EDC stuff, which includes at a minimum:

1 small pocket tool
1 Spyderco knife
1 Arc AAA

It just gets bigger and better from there. Unless for some reason you actually find me truely naked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif, I have at least the above on my person (and if not, it's very close by).

Drjones

Enlightened
I don't wanna feel left out, or give anyone the impression that I ONLY carry lights, so I'll add that the following are on my body constantly:

- Inova X5T

- Strider GB Tactical

- CMG Ultra-G

- Pen. Either a Fisher bullet space pen for casual, Mont Blanc at the office.

- Firearm. G27 or 30.

- Inova microlight attached to my key.

Latest posts