Aren't seconds marked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidra

Enlightened
Re: Aren\'t seconds marked?

OK....well, sure feels and looks like a filmy protector on top of the lens, and that may be what is smudged. Do you take this off or not? Did a search but can't find an answer....

kaseri

Enlightened

My LSH-P 1st has the lines as well....

Peter, can you chime in on this one?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I left the protector on mine. I figure if it can protect the lens, why take it off?

davidra

Enlightened

Makes sense...mine just appears to be majorly smudged...

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not the right Peter, But I can chime in as I spoke to the "right" Peter regarding this. The lines are caused by a density issue with the raw stock. The lines are caused because that area is less dense and "sucks up" more HA during the plating process. The problem is not possible to detect prior to anodizing, except to "test" anodize a small sample of the aluminum tube first.

Peter

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast

357, you need a multimeter set for measuring DC amps, take the body off the head, and make the contact between the negative of the battery, and the body with the leads.

Still curious what other people's current draw is, regardless, and still wondering if seconds are supposed to have some kind of identifying mark.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

The seconds aren't marked, they are identified by their serial #.

Peter

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Litfuse,

My LSH-S "first" looks exactly like yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

nisshin

Enlightened

357, the protector on the lens will ever so slightly reduce the brightness of the light due to refraction issues. It is similar to going from the stock lens to a borofloat or UCL lens a la flashlightlens.com for a brighter light.

snuffy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

Still curious what other people's current draw is

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I'm seeing on some of mine:

LSH-S: 445ma
LSH-P: 525ma
LSHF-P: 425ma

davidra

Enlightened

Well, I went ahead and took the protector off and I think it makes a difference in brightness; my protector was badly smudged. The lens looks 100% cleaner without it, and it appears to be a little brighter...but could just be imagination. Is this a wise thing to do, or is the lens at risk by removing it?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast

The included instruction sheet lacks a lot of info that is in the FAQ on this forum. I printed it out to keep in my files.

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
nisshin said:
357, the protector on the lens will ever so slightly reduce the brightness of the light due to refraction issues. It is similar to going from the stock lens to a borofloat or UCL lens a la flashlightlens.com for a brighter light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks for the info.

In my case, I can live with a little loss of brightness....as long as the protector successfully protects the lens.

nisshin

Enlightened

From the Arc FAQ:
[ QUOTE ]
Please note that the LS ships with a thin plastic lens protector applied to the lexan lens (front part of flashlight). This protector can be left on or removed, it is your choice. If left on, it will help protect the lens from scratches. If you choose to remove it, this may be done by using a soft sharp implement like your fingernail or a plastic pick.

[/ QUOTE ]
And also from a much earlier thread July 24, 2003 from PG:
[ QUOTE ]
Note: the lens protector is for protecting the lens during shipping. You can pull it off or leave it on. It's your choice. Personally, I pulled it off of the light I use.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope this helps!

davidra

Enlightened

Thanks....somehow I figured that might be in the instruction sheet somewhere....Rick

simbad

Enlightened

I keep the protector, even making bubbles of condensation sometimes, I don't think that reduces the beam. BTW, mine also shows lines in the anodizing and is a 1st.(#0027), the rest is absolutly perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.