ArmyTek Predator Review- Smooth reflector with Orange Peel!!!

firelord777

Enlightened
I got the pictures of the disassembly:

You first need a show with grooves:
scaled.php

Then, you have to twist hard. Cheepsteel told me it could be hard initially, and he's right. Here is a picture when the bezel comes off.

scaled.php

There is a black o-ring in the bezel, and a second one inside the head afterwards.

scaled.php

scaled.php

Then, you must take out the glass, sometimes it can be tight, in this case, it just took a small shake and it went. I am holding it, I am not sure if you guys can see it.
scaled.php

There is a red o-ring.

scaled.php

Layout in order or removal, glass is between red et black o-rings.

scaled.php

Picture with reflector removed. Note the specially designed shaped for XP-G:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

This is how it looks like. I turned on the light, and LED's are HOT!!! I almost got charred index finger when I put it close to the LED. I guess having a metal reflector for heat transfer is a must for this type of power.
scaled.php

Light becomes absoulutely floody without anything (obviously LOL)

scaled.php

Hope you guys enjoyed it. :)

JanCPF

Enlightened
Awesome -thanks Firelord777 and CheapSteal! It doesn't look too hard. Maybe a suction cup or double adhesive tape for removal of the lens if it's stuck. Great job both for the good of all of us. :thumbsup:

firelord777

Enlightened
Awesome -thanks Firelord777 and CheapSteal! It doesn't look too hard. Maybe a suction cup or double adhesive tape for removal of the lens if it's stuck. Great job both for the good of all of us. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I never thought about the suction cup idea. Thanks jancpf, you also contributed, and your welcome. :)

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Uploading video now, gosh it takes long...
Thanks for that suction cup idea, makes life a heck of a lot easier, video should be up by the morning.

firelord777

Enlightened
Uploading video now, gosh it takes long...
Thanks for that suction cup idea, makes life a heck of a lot easier, video should be up by the morning.

I know, doesn't it just frustrates you how slow and how much you have to wait for anything to upload?

If it took around 3 hours to upload all these pictures on my review, I can't imagine a video.

In the end buddy, its worth it. I really can't wait to see your video!:)

@aimxplode: Sorry man, vacation can tend to have a side effect for me, won't happen again, jaja. :)

firelord777

Enlightened
Hey cheepsteal, I just noticed I keep saying you name "cheepsteel". Man, need better concentration LOL.

Best wishes guys, Firelord777

firelord777

Enlightened
Cheepsteal, that was a fantastic video! Just finished watching it and wanted to say thanks! You are right about that oring that keeps popping out, and thanks to you, i learned a better way to push it in. You must have really worked hard to make that video, but we all really appreciate the work man, thanks.

firelord777

Enlightened
Hey guys i was at cpfmp, and someone asked about making a titanium predator. Armytek said the predator will only be able to handle a few minutes at 1.5 amps. Anyone know why? I thought titanium was better at handlig heat? Thanks in advance :D

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Titanium is significantly worse at transferring heat than aluminium I've heard. The Predator's design doesn't have much physical heat sinking so I'm thinking that running a titanium Predator unattended would heat it up too much.

firelord777

Enlightened
Sorry i took a while to respond cheepsteal, but here i guve you my thanks.

Noticed you're in Australia, greetings buddy from USA! :D

Stevie

Newly Enlightened
Well, the nights are drawing in so I will have to get me one of these!

Would it be possible to post some outdoor beamshots comparing the smooth with the OP?

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Sorry i took a while to respond cheepsteal, but here i guve you my thanks.

Noticed you're in Australia, greetings buddy from USA! :D

That's cool, brother. G'day from down under!

Would it be possible to post some outdoor beamshots comparing the smooth with the OP?
I could do this for you, but you'd have to give me the weekend because I only own one Predator and I'd have to swap out the reflectors and whatnot. If Firelord can't help you, I'll give it a go.

firelord777

Enlightened
Trust me guys, i have tried to do outdoor beamshots, but unfortunately my camera's full exposure is not enough. Cheepsteal, i hope you don't mind doing them buddy, we'll appreciate the work. What i can tell you though, is that from numerous testing areas, the op reflector can throw quite good, much farther than i anticipated.

if you want something useful for a decent throwing capability, i highly recommend the op reflector, and i hope that means something because i love throwers.

You won't be dissapointed with either one, i can assure you. When cheepsteal posts his beamshots, perhaps you will be able to decide better to your likes.

I'll try to find the charger of my dslr, and maybe i'll be able to post outdoor shots as well, i have a really good field and a good balconey.

Thanks cheepsteal again, look foward to your beamshots :D