Astrolux s41

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux is Banggood's house brand. The S41 is the same light as the Manker E14 and is made by them. There are many reviews on these lights and most people seem to like them. Keep in mind that these are hotrods(meant for experienced users) and don't have any temperature regulation so you have to be careful how long you run them on their higher modes.

Here are a couple of reviews but, there is a lot more info and reviews available if you run a Google search.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...urements-(Quad-Nichia-219B-18350-16340-18650)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9UelY0pRo

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the S41S version so its the one I have more experience with. Like Tachead said there's plenty of reviews already on all the major forums, but very quickly I think its a great little light. The host is very nicely made and, for the most part, the electronics are solid. I wish it came with the tiny25 driver instead of the '13, but that's an easy fix if you're so inclined. Also it needs 219c's for their more favorable Vf with this small cell, but again that can be fixed.

But don't let me dissuade you buy saying that I ripped mine completely apart and rebuilt it. Its nice as it comes and easily "tweaked" if you want.

One word of warning: there were some issues with the first runs. I believe all lights currently shipping have been upgraded but if you're buying a used one beware there could be issues.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Astrolux is Banggood's house brand. The S41 is the same light as the Manker E14 and is made by them.

That used to be the case, but nowadays it's a bit more complicated.

Astrolux flashlights aren't designed or have any parts made by Manker anymore. They split up their relationship pretty hard, people were allegedly even fired over this. According to rumors Mateminco is BangGood's (owner of the brand Astrolux) new contract manufacturer

Astrolux seems to have fixed their problems now, but I would strongly suggest buying original Manker instead. (Manker have also had their share of production quality problems, but that is also fixed now.)

In my opinion the E14 (with Nichia 219B) is, without competition, the most interesting flashlight to debut in 2016. Small enough to be your EDC on the keyring, but still packing a serious punch of neutral high CRI light.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing to keep in mind is that, with a light with this kind of output, runtime is going to be marginal on a 16340 or 18350 on the higher modes. Although LOTS of people like this light as a 'shorty', feel that it is MUCH more practical as an 18650 light. So don't forget the 18650 extension tube when you order yours. Even if your intention is not to use it as a longer running light, the 18650 tube is a good thing to have. And it is not terribly expensive.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing to keep in mind is that, with a light with this kind of output, runtime is going to be marginal on a 16340 or 18350 on the higher modes. Although LOTS of people like this light as a 'shorty', feel that it is MUCH more practical as an 18650 light. So don't forget the 18650 extension tube when you order yours. Even if your intention is not to use it as a longer running light, the 18650 tube is a good thing to have. And it is not terribly expensive.

Yep I use mine with the 18650 tube. Better batteries, longer runtime... highly recommended