Average flashocolic age

Shreklight

Newly Enlightened
I remember having a 2 D cell plastic G.I. Joe flashlight when I was about 7 or 8. The first one I ever bought myself was a 3 D Mag when I was 16, after that my Mag collection grew a little then stabilized. When I got hired on the Fire Dept. in my city at age 24,the lights on the trucks were awful, so I started looking for a better one for myself, which led to this site and my addiction getting far worse lol. The lights on our trucks now are much better and just happen to be the one I bought myself, and I will be 39 in a little over a month.

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
I'm 45 (going on 14 :twothumbs). I didn't really start to get "into" flashlights until the early LED stuff started coming out, but I soon lost interest, as the older LED stuff didn't perform all that well (or at least the stuff at the price I was willing to spend). About 5 years ago, I decided to revisit the subject and see what progress had been made, and I've been hooked ever since. :thumbsup:

GLHunter

Newly Enlightened
I'm a physically, and mentally active 59.

This is my personal philosophy regarding the subject of aging: Just because we ultimately have no control over the physical aspects of aging, doesn't mean we have to physically, or psychologically succumb to it by tossing up our wrinkled hands and lamenting that we can no longer enjoy the quality of life we used to because society considers us to be frail and less competent "senior citizens". And we certainly don't have to close our minds to new ideas, or technological progress, because all change isn't negative.

The key to living a quality life is not simply waiting to die, but staying physically and mentally active until we die.

Although I've always maintained a few earlier forms of emergency lights, I didn't develop a renewed interest in alternative lighting until about six months ago due to the impressive array of highly efficient LED flashlights and lanterns I accidentally discovered while surfing the Web.
:)

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to disassemble my dads flashlights faster than he could reassemble them, that was at age 2 or 3 and I still like flashlights 67 years later but not so much to take them apart but see how far they lit up the trees and a school about 200 yards away on the far side of the trees.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm a physically, and mentally active 59.

This is my personal philosophy regarding the subject of aging: Just because we ultimately have no control over the physical aspects of aging, doesn't mean we have to physically, or psychologically succumb to it by tossing up our wrinkled hands and lamenting that we can no longer enjoy the quality of life we used to because society considers us to be frail and less competent "senior citizens". And we certainly don't have to close our minds to new ideas, or technological progress, because all change isn't negative.

The key to living a quality life is not simply waiting to die, but staying physically and mentally active until we die.

Although I've always maintained a few earlier forms of emergency lights, I didn't develop a renewed interest in alternative lighting until about six months ago due to the impressive array of highly efficient LED flashlights and lanterns I accidentally discovered while surfing the Web.
:)

I'm a couple steps behind you sir.
But in my case it's not age. It's mileage.
52 with a half million miles.

You're only as old as you feel GL...'cept after shoveling snow for 3 hours.

My first one was for trick or treating.

^^ I was hooked by this kind when I was about 8.

Last edited:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I'm 30. Always been interested in torches. I was around 28 when I got my first "proper" light which was a sunwayman t40cs. But I remember when I was about 13 years old getting a minimag and it was my pride and joy (I still have it by my bed)