Battery powered dome light

6thtexas

Newly Enlightened
I bought a '92 Geo 4X4 for a hunting vehicle and the dome light doesn't work. My mechanic tells me that it would be pretty expensive to track down the short and replace the fixture. Can anyone suggest a good AA powered dome light I could stick in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Go to Home Depot's website and search for Energizer Hardcase 3AA 50 Lumen Magnetic Area Light and Dorcy 3AA LED Tent Light. Both are about $10/ea. I own the Energizer but not the Dorcy so I can't really say which would be better. If you can figure out a way to attach it then I think either one of these would probably work fine, but if you live in an area with cold weather I would probably put Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries in them. They're expensive but they should be able to handle the cold.

Colt808

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a couple of Rite Light 3-packs off Amazon for $14.70/pk, to use in my gun safes. The light output from the 5 LED's is pretty good.

Link removed as per the banner at the top of the page (Dead Link in any case)- Norm

BUT...I'd recommend getting a generic automotive ceiling lamp (something with a switch) and having it wired to the fuse block. They're pretty cheap and you won't have to worry about batteries. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: