Bay Area CPF BBQ and Flashapalooza - June 17th

arnold ziffle

Newly Enlightened
wow. first i want to thank lowbat for organizing and doing a great job hosting the get together. it was nice meeting everyone and seeing all the lights. and speaking of lights i think i saw every one of the lights that i have seen on this forum and then some. it was like the modern museum of light. being the least knowlegable one there everyone was patient with my 142 questions " what the heck is that".

the beans. ohh the beans. and the steaks , and cake ,and the potatos oh my. one odd thing happened my stability control and traction control light came on when i left and stayed on for the next day. note to self, dont park so close to the lights.

i thought i would be coming home with a bad case of the wants but my 5 lights seem to cover about all i need. then again the little jil light is neat and the small 50 watt hid was the whitest light ive seen. hmmm. thanks to everyone who put up with this noob. what a nice group. matt

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
I thought you said the place was haunted? ;)
Well yes I did. The reportedly haunted ranch house was a short walk away on the other side of the tree line. I've seen various claimed ghost pictures of white orbs and white ribbons, but never any flying bacon strips. Logically something red passed while you had the exposure set long, but this one has color bands and a few other oddities.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve said:
Working as an intern is the Mountain View area....know cheap housing? =D

Hope to meet up with some of ya!
Yes, I may have a 1bedroom condo in Downtown Mtn View available at that time :)

But wait... only for two months?? We'll have to keep you busy with more local flupic order :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowBat said:
Well yes I did. The reportedly haunted ranch house was a short walk away on the other side of the tree line. I've seen various claimed ghost pictures of white orbs and white ribbons, but never any flying bacon strips. Logically something red passed while you had the exposure set long, but this one has color bands and a few other oddities.
LOL It's the ghost of HiD past :)

Actually it's the owner of the missing light in the picture, as he carried it over.

PS I sent an email to a local ghost hunting group to see if they want to arrange a group adventure with us flashaholics.

BTW are you in town? Any plans for a local hike soon? :)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
LOL It's the ghost of HiD past :)

Actually it's the owner of the missing light in the picture, as he carried it over.

PS I sent an email to a local ghost hunting group to see if they want to arrange a group adventure with us flashaholics.

BTW are you in town? Any plans for a local hike soon? :)
I like the idea of getting together with the ghost hunting group. I met the ghost trackers last year and they had an interesting presentation.

I'm off to Yosemite tomorrow for the rest of the week. Next week looks open and I'm interested in some evening hikes in the Santa Cruz mountains. That area has always been my favorite.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
CroMAGnet said:
Yes, I may have a 1bedroom condo in Downtown Mtn View available at that time :)

But wait... only for two months?? We'll have to keep you busy with more local flupic order :)

I'm there for a 4 month lease....contact me if you really do have something I might be interested in...=D

I plan on shipping some basic stuff down there to keep up with some orders..probably can't do much full fledge modding. I'm beginning to like the driver in amlite's neo T3. Got it modded with the flupic and the original driver so it can handle cr123s and RCR123s with the same brightness. Not too shabby!

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve, you may use my work shop while you're down here.
It's not much but it should be able to keep your pic production running.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, be careful what you say "yes" to with this group. Modamag asked me if he could "set a light on my car for a second". Pretty soon, the whole HID collection was up there - good thing that paint is well baked on from the summer heat. :)

I guess they figured since that car is a 4WD, it needed a few off road lights. :laughing:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
goldserve, you may use my work shop while you're down here.
It's not much but it should be able to keep your pic production running.

Thanks thanks for your offer. I'll have you meet you all! =D And bring me around to the "good" places...hehe

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry I had to miss it. I was not at all happy to hear the great Flashapolosa was on the sameday as our annual family camping trip in Big Sur.
I attended CroMAGnet's last host at his house which I really enjoyed..my first. Such a gracious host. Great people all around. I am hoping we can do another one of these get-togethers before the end of Summer.

On the upside, I was able to play with alot of my lights in the pitch black in Big Sur. I set up my 6C ROP with the LOLA and a heavy stipple non-cammed reflector just for the trip. On the second night all the family's kids held a "talent show" in the mini-amphitheater at the campsite. Only problem was it was pitch black out at night. Even the Coleman lanterns were not sufficient. My ROP setup was employed to light up the entire stage area for a good 40 minutes for the "show". People were very impressed with the light until they found out how much it cost! Oh well.

I want "in" on the next get-together!