Bay Area CPF Camping Weekend - May 9th thru 11th, 2008

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
HCRSP.jpg

Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park

4 pm Friday, May 9th -thru- 12 noon Sunday, May 11th, 2008

Campground Address: 2591 Graham Hill Road, Scotts Valley, CA

Campsites #41 and #42 and recently added #49 too!

I thought I finished hosting here on CPF, but others have convinced me to setup some more events. So here we go for our 3rd year of camping. This year we will be at Henry Cowell Redwoods near Santa Cruz. I reserved two large campsites with lots of space for tents. If you are interested in attending just post and I'll put you on the list. Please indicate if you are attending Friday night or Saturday night or both nights. Also please tell me how many guests you are bringing as the current total of attendees is limited to 16. If we go over that I'll have to reserve another campsite. Extra campsite reserved. We can now have up to 24 people.

I'll cover the campsite fees so all you need to pay for is the $6 per car fee. Parking will be about 100 yards away from the campsite, but you can unload at the campsite first. If you have a camper/pickup setup please say so and I'll give you a parking spot at the campsite itself.

For those that wish to come only for an evening and not spend the night you are certainly welcome. Just tell me which night you are coming and how many guests you are bringing.

You may either bring your own food or participate in the potluck. If you are joining in the potluck please post what you are bringing. We need dinner items for Friday and Saturday nights and breakfast items for Saturday and Sunday mornings.

We will have campfires both nights and I'll be hosting night hikes too following dinner. Things available to do on Saturday are the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the Roaring Camp steam train. There are also many hikes available in the park including the famous Redwood Grove.

FYI, alcohol is not permitted in the campground. Dogs must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed on dirt trails.

I'll update this post (post #1) as signups progress.

Attending:

- LowBat
- Weylan +2
- TigerhawkT3 +1
- SheDevil
- weedle256 +1
- JimH
- knifebright
- Nano-Oil.com
- tedjanxt
- modamag +6 (Saturday overnight only)
- asdalton (Saturday overnight only)
- unnerv (Saturday evening only)
- marschw (Saturday evening only)
------------------------------------------
Final Total = 23

Potluck dinners:

TigerhawkT3 - club sandwiches, chips, and sodas
SheDevil - hot dogs, hamburgers, salads, and desserts
modamag - BBQ short ribs and spring rolls (Saturday night)
JimH - "Jim's Famous Beans"
asdalton - apple cider, smores (Saturday night)

Potluck breakfasts:

TigerhawkT3 - cereals
Nano-Oil.com - bacon and eggs
SheDevil - croissants
tedjanxt - water, juice, coffee

Last edited:

Weylan

Enlightened
I expct to be there I hope, so put me down for the whole weekend.

Heather, Kai and Weylan.

For those that like trains the train is AWESOME. We did the redwoods train last year, maybe we can do the boardwalk train this year? But doing the redwoods train is a nice thing. Maybe we can plan to do lunch at the top?

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beach train doesn't start this year until the Memorial Day weekend (May 24th). The steam train up to Bear Mountain however is running and will be at 11, 12:30, and 2. Yes we could do lunch at the top.

http://www.roaringcamp.com/

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds awesome. Count me in for both nights of camping. Are the daytime events (Boardwalk, hiking, train) coordinated group events, or does everyone just do their own thing?

I'd like to bring a friend (he's been at a few CPF lunches, maybe some of you remember him). I'm still figuring out whether he's available for both nights, but he most likely is.

I can't/don't cook, so I think maybe I can bring some prefab items for dinner and breakfast. How about some 2ft club sandwiches, chips, cereals, and sodas?

I can also bring movies/shows (unfortunately, it's only a 4" screen) as well as music. If anyone has questions about my setup or media, PM me.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds awesome. Count me in for both nights of camping. Are the daytime events (Boardwalk, hiking, train) coordinated group events, or does everyone just do their own thing?

I'd like to bring a friend (he's been at a few CPF lunches, maybe some of you remember him). I'm still figuring out whether he's available for both nights, but he most likely is.

I can't/don't cook, so I think maybe I can bring some prefab items for dinner and breakfast. How about some 2ft club sandwiches, chips, cereals, and sodas?

I can also bring movies/shows (unfortunately, it's only a 4" screen) as well as music. If anyone has questions about my setup or media, PM me.
For Saturday daytime it's more of a do your own thing depending on your interest. I like the idea of a lunch on top of Bear Mountain as Weylan suggested. I'm probably going to spend a little time at the Boardwalk too. We might just break off in groups and meet up again in the evening.

I'll put your friend down for both nights until you tell me otherwise.

Your food suggestions are good so I'll add them to the list. Thanks :)

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
You can add us as well. Shedevil and Weedle256 and one more.
We will bring along the gas BBQ, camp stove and way too much of everything else. See you all there.
Both nights please.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend can indeed make it both nights. He says he can bring a camping stove (in addition to SheDevil's), and he's going to think about food he wants to bring. He's going to cooking school, so he should come up with some good ideas. I'll post when he settles on something.

VSS-1... :drool:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updates added.

Jim - Your searchlight is welcome and the campsites have an open view of the sky. However we are surrounded by trees and you won't be able to hit any distant targets. I'll reserve a parking space at the campsite for your camper.

SheDevil - Are you bringing eats too?

TigerhawkT3 - Sounds like we might be having a Cordon Bleu BBQ.

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
:wave: Please count me in for camping for the whole weekend,
I will be coming with my son Ry StClaire 15 years old.

I will bring a lot of bacon and since I am from Petaluma, I will also bring a lot of eggs also. LOL :grin2:

Please let me know how many eggs (no limit) and roughly how many pounds of bacon.

It will be a great pleasure to finally meet some of you extreme Lux Lovers

I should be bringing some lights in development from StClaire USA and a camp site lighting system that I am working on.

Is any one coming from out of state?

Christian StClaire [email protected]

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please let me know how many eggs (no limit) and roughly how many pounds of bacon.
Thanks for volunteering to bring food. The current total is 13 people staying both nights and 15 people on Saturday night if that gives you any idea of how much to bring. We still have over a month to go so I'm sure more will be signing up. I think I need to reserve another campsite.

SheDevil

Newly Enlightened
As some of you know when I camp I always bring wayyyyy to much stuff.
I am always happy to cook for the group. I ususally dont burn stuff either. Bacon and eggs for breakfast.... WOOOHOOOO.
The closer we get to the date the better I will know what food I plan on bringing.
I have gotten a 3rd campsite so lets get 8 more people signed up !!!!!!!!
See you all there !!!
SheDevil

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: