Benchmade's 2009 lineup

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
Anybody else pumped about getting anything from there 09 lineup.The 580 Barrage looks interesting with the spring assist and Axis lock hmmm.The orange griptilian looks cool to as does the Gold Class 525-81 beautiful knife.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Liking the 585 Mini-Barrage - anyone know when these will be available? I don't keep up on knives at all - my two trusty BM's are all I need... or so I thought! :D

cbxer55

Enlightened
Just be aware about Benchmade though. Recently there was a post over at BladeForums whereby it was made known that BM will no longer be providing knives to sites that sell online. Apparently they do not like their knives being sold at what they consider lowball prices. They want to raise the value of their knives by not allowing you and I to purchase them below MSRP from online locations.
If you desire a Benchmade knife, you will have to buy it from a brick and mortar store at full price. I will return to Bladeforum and see if I can find the thread, then post the link here.
Watch for this to be edited sometime tonight.

Okay, here it is.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615161

And another I just found.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614086

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's insane - they are shooting theirselves in the foot. I'd have to probably drive 100 or more miles to buy one if that's true. In this economy and with all the choices out there online they have just made a major mistake IMO. :thumbsdow BM

Last edited:

cbxer55

Enlightened
That's insane - they are shooting theirselves in the foot. Probably caving to a bunch of whining B&M stores. They have an online site - are they not going to sell them there? I'd have to probably drive 100 or more miles to buy one if that's true. :thumbsdow BM

I am sure you will be able to buy them from BMs own site. Just do not expect the kind of prices you have grown accustomed too from other more well known online stores. You will pay full MSRP, and that is going up.
Yes, they are shooting themselves in the foot. Especially with the economic crisis just starting, in my opinion at least two more hard years to go, and they are pulling this crap. Expect to see layoff announcements from BM shortly.
Watch this site, Lay off Daily. It has up to date, every day layoff announcements from all over the country. It is absolutely insane out there. Seems like everyone and their brother is getting axed anymore. I guess BM wants to get in on the fun.
http://www.layoffdaily.com/

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fairly underwhelmed. Nice to see them expanding the pen line, too bad all 3 of the new ones are just off IMHO. I like the screw cap one, except its only ~4.5" and should be at least 5, if not 5.5".

If they don't sell online anymore, they just lost me as a customer. What a huge, stupid mistake.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
Glad i bought my 551 griptilian a couple of weeks ago online for 62 bucks if this is true its my last benchmade.I always thought they were smoking something anyway on there prices :thumbsdow

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not too impressed by any of the Lineup I've seen yet, though a couple do warrant a hands on investigation.

If BM no longer sells to online stores, ROFL!!! They just lost a heck of a lot of business. It personally doesn't matter to me, as I live quite near their factory but the principle will keep me away from them if they carry it out. I don't care how good the knives are the principle is more important.

Mightyquinn

Newly Enlightened
Hurricane, I have seen the 760 BK LFTi on their website, I too like except for the fact it doesn't come with the combo edge which is what I prefer. I just ordered a 5500SBK - PARDUE, MINI PRESIDIO, AUT AXS from the website. Can't wait for it to get here.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they aren't selling to online stores anymore that explains why it has been so hard this week to find a black handled mini grip!

Joe_Karp

Newly Enlightened
So far I've picked up a new 527 Ultra with a 522 on the way. Being a big Pardue fan and Presidio lover I wanted to try one of these and was nicely surprised. I already like Noryl GTX handles, as is on the 530 and 551's and have no problem at all with Benchmade's 440c steel.

On the limited's for '09 I own a 615-2 and a 710-801, with plans on getting either an M4 806 or the M4 760 Lum when they finally arrive.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Joe, Welcome to CPF!

I see you've made 3 posts so far, all in knife threads (which is fine!) and I hope you'll post some pics of your new Benchmades!

Joe_Karp

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome. I'm a regular over on the Benchmade Forum and just discovered CPF as a recommended place to visit. On flashights I own a dozen or so Maglites all upgraded with factory LED's and am slowly getting into the new lighting technology albeit slowly. Here's a few pics of my Benchmades;

P1010001-6.jpg

P1010002-4.jpg

P1010002-8.jpg

P1010004-5.jpg

And the new '09 527:

P1010004-6.jpg

There's a few for you guys.

Joe