Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Re: Beryllium Copper Executive and Rotary Anniversary Run

Yes, heavy...with cr123 installed the brass weighs in at 6.5 oz. and the al-bronze goes 6.0 oz...I also would expect the BeCu to be up there with them. In comparison, a regular Rotary weighs about 3.7 oz.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, heavy...with cr123 installed the brass weighs in at 6.5 oz. and the al-bronze goes 6.0 oz...I also would expect the BeCu to be up there with them. In comparison, a regular Rotary weighs about 3.7 oz.

Thanks

TheJLew85

Enlightened

OK copper fans. I have a question about beryllium copper specifically. Does this type of copper still produce that "copper smell" on your hands when handled?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice, these are still going through.

What will be the emitter options?

Yep. Planning on the pre-sale in early March.
Emitter options are what we currently have on the custom page.

OK copper fans. I have a question about beryllium copper specifically. Does this type of copper still produce that "copper smell" on your hands when handled?

We can only hope.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm afraid we won't take emitters from folks and put them into our lights. It can become a hodgepodge of different bin codes, and we simply won't risk it.

Appreciate the offers, but it won't be happening.

Johnnyh

Enlightened

I'm afraid we won't take emitters from folks and put them into our lights. It can become a hodgepodge of different bin codes, and we simply won't risk it.

Appreciate the offers, but it won't be happening.

Killjoy! But I understand completely. It was worth a shot!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did ask Henry not more than 10 minutes ago! LOL! I had to dodge things being thrown at me.
It was only an offer :) and it is also ok if you reject it.
Only as additional information. I still have all papers from Virence that I got from them. I assume you also got some emitters from them... and I am not interestet making money with it.

But Maybe you have some additional limited LED in planning, would be cool.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was only an offer :) and it is also ok if you reject it.
Only as additional information. I still have all papers from Virence that I got from them. I assume you also got some emitters from them... and I am not interestet making money with it.

But Maybe you have some additional limited LED in planning, would be cool.

It certainly was an extremely kind and generous offer, and I do thank you for it. I will continue to hit Henry up on it... I can sometimes change his mind... but not always.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

It certainly was an extremely kind and generous offer, and I do thank you for it. I will continue to hit Henry up on it... I can sometimes change his mind... but not always.

That if fine to me. It is my way to make to world a little bit better. From my side I like the HDS products. Therefore I also offered Henry to help for a CE Certification for new products. This offer is still valid (except I die - than this offer is invalid). From what I know it is easier to do this stuff here in the EU (in my case in Germany) to get the certificate.
I also do regularly "poke" Knives and Tools if HDS has something new. Often it is working and they are ordering this new stuff, sometimes not....

It is my way of supporting HDS :)

veloaudio2

Newly Enlightened

Yep. Planning on the pre-sale in early March.
Emitter options are what we currently have on the custom page.

We can only hope.

Really interested in Beryllium Cu Exec. When you say early March, do you have dates in mind? (Crossing my fingers for the first couple days of March).

Being new to HDS and thus the preorder will it be open for a certain number of days or until a certain number of units are gone. I'm assuming the later. Thanks

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think these will only be offered in rotary form.

Sale could last a minute or two...or a couple days. I can't remember how the titanium sale went. I don't think it sold out, so there were a few left after the pre sale, but at a higher cost.

I also don't recall if hogo said how many of these will be made available.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sale could last a minute or two...or a couple days. I can't remember how the titanium sale went. I don't think it sold out, so there were a few left after the pre sale, but at a higher cost.
Only the Bronze Preorder was sold out after 2 minutes or so... Brass and Titanium there were units left.

I do not expect that a >=$1000 Preorder price results in a sale less than two minutes.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, i thought about that after I posted but didn't feel like editing.

There was a limited time window for pre-order though. I think Dan gave us the weekend.

Then some sorry sap suckers, lol didn't follow clear instructions and begged Dan for different emitters. Some people just try to get away with everything... apparently it worked in this case. Poor Dan...i can only imagine what he has to put up with

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, i thought about that after I posted but didn't feel like editing.

There was a limited time window for pre-order though. I think Dan gave us the weekend.

Then some sorry sap suckers, lol didn't follow clear instructions and begged Dan for different emitters. Some people just try to get away with everything... apparently it worked in this case. Poor Dan...i can only imagine what he has to put up with

My stress sometimes rears it's ugly head here. We have all seen it. I post when I should be alone in a cave contemplating the meaning of life (just the entrance because I'm not suicidal or maybe just watching the Monty Python movie) or post when I should be taking my frustrations out on dead animal flesh with a 3 pound mallet.

I try... and usually fail... but I get up again (pissing the night away)...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

...I post when I should be alone in a cave contemplating the meaning of life (just the entrance because I'm not suicidal or maybe just watching the Monty Python movie)
the-meaning-of-life-h-1983.jpg

doctordun

Enlightened

The cost of the Titanium tested the strength of my marriage of over 40 years to the limit.
I'm afraid this offering would make me choose.....wife or new HDS Rotary.
Be quiet, I'm thinking.