Beryllium Copper Rotary Anniversary Run

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! :eek: That parts are looking awesome :twothumbs I wish I had been ordered more BeCu Rotaries ..... :crackup:

The cool thing is it is really red. My Liteflux LF2XT BeCu from Kuku looks more yellow than red.

Cant wait to have my BeCu! Would be cool as christmas present from me to myself. Maybe the schedule fits...?

Hopefully we will start shipping in time for Halloween.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any way to get in line for the left overs? Just found this!
The preordered BeCus will be built and shipped. After this HDS will announce the day when the remaining BeCu's aus are available at the regular price. It is most likely at high noon Tucson AZ time.
When the remaining BeCus are than available at the annouced day and the annouced time than you must be fast enough to grab one. My guess is it will be not a 10s sale since 1250USD is not a small ammount of money. But actually it is unknown how many BeCus are left for the regular sale. It is only known there are 42 devices in total.

Last edited:

JasperJones

Newly Enlightened
The preordered BeCus will be built and shipped. After this HDS will announce the day when the remaining BeCu's aus are available at the regular price. It is most likely at high noon Tucson AZ time.
When the remaining BeCus are than available at the annouced day and the annouced time than you must be fast enough to grab one. My guess is it will be not a 10s sale since 1250USD is not a small ammount of money. But actually it is unknown how many BeCus are left for the regular sale. It is only known there are 42 devices in total.

Thank you! This will be my first HDS purchase, is it normal for the leftovers to already have LEDs selected, or are leftover buyers still able to choose their emitter?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

The machinist made more than we ordered. Apparently, when buying BeCu rods, they only come in one length and so he made another full rod of parts... I think he was worried I would reject a bunch if they were not up to spec with the knurling (and he was right). Well, as you can see from the photos, the knurling is awesome... so we purchased the extra parts from him... especially after seeing how they all turned out. So we should have an extra 20 sets.

JasperJones

Newly Enlightened
The machinist made more than we ordered. Apparently, when buying BeCu rods, they only come in one length and so he made another full rod of parts... I think he was worried I would reject a bunch if they were not up to spec with the knurling (and he was right). Well, as you can see from the photos, the knurling is awesome... so we purchased the extra parts from him... especially after seeing how they all turned out. So we should have an extra 20 sets.

Awesome! I really hope that means I have a good chance at getting one.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
....seeing how they all turned out. So we should have an extra 20 sets.
Will be more 219B LEDs available for this, since 3000K, 4000K and 4500K is out of stock now?

My guess is that even for Aluminium Lights the Nichias would sell bot that bad. I Always had the feeling this LEDs were selling not that bad, and a small stock of 10 of 20 LEDs per type for Aluminium would be a nice Option...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will be more 219B LEDs available for this, since 3000K, 4000K and 4500K is out of stock now?

My guess is that even for Aluminium Lights the Nichias would sell bot that bad. I Always had the feeling this LEDs were selling not that bad, and a small stock of 10 of 20 LEDs per type for Aluminium would be a nice Option...

Most likely not. Tried to talk Henry into getting some more of the 219b 4500k but so far, no go. Just what we have left.

doctordun

Enlightened
Put me down for one or tell me when to get my finger ready on the button. I am not the best watching on the forums for the times.
I've had a lot of VA Hospital Visits over the last year and been out of touch.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put me down for one or tell me when to get my finger ready on the button. I am not the best watching on the forums for the times.
I've had a lot of VA Hospital Visits over the last year and been out of touch.

I'll send you an email Albert so you don't have to jump. We are putting them together now so I expect at the start of the year for the remaining ones to be put up, but we should have quite a few. The machinist had to buy an extra rod of BeCu and apparently, it only comes in a certain length (I didn't ask) so he had made several extra sets. I convinced Henry that we should buy them (what is the machinist going to do with them anyway?) and I didn't want to see him sitting on them and figured once pre-sale ones ship, there should be some demand (they look so good and the patina is really nice). Also tough as heck.