BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbug

Enlightened
Re: Budget High-Performance LED DX/KD Flashlights Review Roundup (Part IV)

Hi Jay,
I just want you to know, in the future if you want to purchase any FLASHLIGHT from my website, I can offer you 20% off. Since you are buying the lights mostly for the benefit of others by doing great reviews on them. Just email me if you want to buy any of the lights on my website.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now you just cant beat that at all.....Bryan is just too nice of a guy.

bessiebenny

Enlightened

Bryan, I thank you ever so greatly for that generous offer. I'll PM you when ready.
btw, I am very interested in getting the RC-N3 Q5 as there's so much interest in it here. =)

kland1234

Newly Enlightened

OOOOOOoh, now I get it, thanks, will give that a try; will the pill/light engine assembly just drop out then? I really do appreciate the help.

I have also been wanting to thank you Bessie for the great thread, as you can tell from the KD thrower, I have to thank you (or curse you) for buying so many lights! So far, I have been happy with all your inputs. I have just ordered the Aurora R2, and should have looked at the reviews a little closer. IT may not have great reviews, but I am looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
kbb

lightbug

Enlightened

Jay,
At the moment, I'm out of RC-N3 Q5, but I should be able to get some of them early next week. Manufacturer already shipped out the package to me since Yesterday. Just email me [email protected] when you want to order one.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

GT42NV - Unfortunately I don't have a 10440 to test. Maybe I might buy a couple. =)
But as you can see in this thread, it seems to works fine and has good runtime also.
Its great that the KD V4 works so well on 10440s, it makes for a great EDC blinder! Also as I don't have one I'm wondering if I need one now... Well oh, it is my birthday today afterall... So perhaps?...

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Tony M.......so what are you thinking of getting man.....dang those N3's didnt last long at all.

Raymond

Enlightened

lightbug: are those CX1 drivers also available seperately? I just ordered some drivers from KD, but they just aren't quite what I'm looking for.
On the other hand: the specs of that CX1 are just what I'm looking for. I think I'm going to buy one of those, but I also have another small light that I want to upgrade with a similar driver.

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Tony M.......so what are you thinking of getting man.....dang those N3's didnt last long at all.
Well firstly I'll shamefully admit my first priority is that I need a new rear wheel for my road bike (it is summer after all, and it doesn't really get dark at 55 degrees north this time of year).

As for lights, well... Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...!

lightbug

Enlightened

Raymond,
Sorry, but I don't have any extra CX1 driver for sale.

LG&M

Enlightened

[Let me know if there are any awesome lights I'm missing for under $35 shipped. =)[/quote]
I believe the Jetbeam C-LE can be had for about $35 shipped so can the Cabala's 1Watt LED GPX 1CR123. (It's a Surefire clone). I found both lights well built if not the brightest. Thanks for all your work with the reviews.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

do you have any links for the Jetbeam and the Cabela's, would love to check them out.

LG&M

Enlightened

Here you go http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...mode+matchall&trueNum=44&N=4958&redirect=true
Dam that's long. It clams 25 lumen's. I feel it is underrated. I would say mine is at least 40 and it has a very nice beam. I can't find the Jetbeam C-LE V2 for sale Sorry.
I got mine from Bugoutgear. mine is a C-LE V2 with a Q2. I use it daily at work & like it a lot.
here is a good review https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176695

Wolf359

Enlightened

bessiebenny what 17670 cell did you use with the RC-F4 ? Ultrafire protected sku:3301 ?

bessiebenny

Enlightened

bessiebenny what 17670 cell did you use with the RC-F4 ? Ultrafire protected sku:3301 ?

It's the non-protected 17670 which is slimmer.
I'll mention this in the RC-F4 Q5 review also. =)

Romisen RC-A3 received!
- Only had it for 30 minutes now. At work so can't do much.
- Wow. It feels great in hand. Doesn't feel cheap whatsoever.
- Easy to press reverse clicky. Can't tail stand coz of it though.
- Comes with a silver backed Cree minimum-P4 emitter with 4 wires.
- Much more to come later. hehe.

Last edited:

t3h

Newly Enlightened

OOOOOOoh, now I get it, thanks, will give that a try; will the pill/light engine assembly just drop out then? I really do appreciate the help.

Then you unscrew the pill out of the light. If you grab a pair of needle-nose pliers and grip the Q5 emitter in one of the indents, you can unscrew it quite easily. No, it's not a very good way of doing it, but there is not much else to grip, and it's how mine was screwed in (came from factory with big scratch across the emitter starting from this spot...)

Raymond

Enlightened

We want to know more about how you like the RC-A3 :D

bessiebenny

Enlightened

Okay. I've been carrying the RC-A3 around near non-stop for past few hours while being at home now. =)

Few more impressions:
- As the reverse clicky sticks out the back a fair bit, it's very easy to click with flat part of the thumb unlike some lights.
- Brightness is in par with the RC-G2 Q5 it seems by eye.
- But has a wider spill and wider hotspot than the RC-G2 Q5. Less throw obviously.
- To compare again, KD Buckle V4 Q5 has even wider spill and wider hotspot and seems brighter than RC-A3.
- For a light costing less than $15, it's a winner just like how others have been saying all along!
- I think this light might get 6 stars if the runtime is also very good. =)

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool im glad you finally got it......cant wait for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.