BessieBenny's Budget LED (DX/KD etc) Flashlights Review Roundup (Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomhauer

Banned
Re: Do Romisens Lego?

I just order a RC-29, and I already own a rc-n3, and I was thinking how awesome it would be if I could turn the rc-29 into a 2xAA light when it arrives or even a 1xcr123 light. Any chance this will work?

Even if the threads somehow fit, would the RC-29 circuitry even be handle this or would the light go poof?

I don't know why I got moved here, we can only discuss budget lights in this thread?
I believe, over on the MP, that Brian from ShiningBeam said that they are physically incompatible.

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
New Light/ Batteries?

Hello All, I have been looking at the WF-502B or the Ultrafire C1 on DX And i was wondering if there would be a better choice in this category? Also I would like to buy some rechargeable batteries and i am currently totally confused about the selection of batteries
Light
Maybe this light?
Battery maybe?
Or maybe these?

Oh and also i was wondering What type of rechargeable are these? will the be charged if i use them like a month after charging? kind of like eneloops? or the old NIMH type?
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Egsise

Banned
Re: New Light/ Batteries?

What do you want from your flashlight?
How much you can spend on flashlight/batteries/charger?

Zeva

Newly Enlightened

What do you want from your flashlight?
How much you can spend on flashlight/batteries/charger?

I just want a light that works :) dont need anything with excellent build quality as i know the old adage you get what you pay for is true
Probably about 30 ish? is that reasonable?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

The 502B would be my choice of those two. I would get and run 18650 batteries though instead of two 16340.

And the 18650 will stay charged for a pretty good while. You will want protected cells.

You might see if you can get hold of a Solarforce L2. No extra gadgets and geegaws like grip rings and such. Very decent build quality too.

And I sure wish I knew who made the pill that I have in my UF 505B. It's a three mode with memory and either no or very fast PWM. I'd like to get more like that!

Zeva

Newly Enlightened

Why would you suggest 18650s over two 16340s? would These be a good choice? thanks

Zeva

Newly Enlightened

After looking at the sticky i decided to get a Romisen RC-F4 because of the excellent reviews but i was wondering could any suggest batteries and a charger for me thanks!

derekab

Newly Enlightened
Re: Thinking about the Romisen Rc-t7 MCE

I bought one of these and love it. However, half of the emitter quit working and romisen won't reply to my emails asking for help. I have several romisen lights and like them all but the customer service issue doesn't make me very confident to buy another one.

derekab

Newly Enlightened
Romsien RC-T7 emitter problem

I have a Romisen RC-T7 that I really like. I recently noticed that only half of the emitter is working. I can't get Romisen to reply to my email messages. Does anyone know where I can send mine or a replacement I could buy for it. Thanks.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I never really used my RC-F4 all that much but then one day recently it was dim and fresh batteries did not help.

So I had a few other single mode drop ins about and put a Q5 in mine. Even brighter than I remember it being.

I have a 17500 protected Ultrafire in it.

DNA

Newly Enlightened
Re: Thinking about the Romisen Rc-t7 MCE

Which email did you use when contacting Romisen?

Dan

Zeva

Newly Enlightened

So i bought a RC-f4 it wont come here till like 2 weeks... just need to decide on batteries... i got a few CR-123s im gonna use until i order the batteries thanks again

tedgtfan

Newly Enlightened
Product Differences

Is there any differences in products offered by Deal Extreme and Shiningbeam other than prices. Same products with different prices. Are the ones on Shiningbeam better? Thanks

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Product Differences

I don't know what products DX carries besides Romisen and I assume the models with the same labels are probably the same but iTP, Olight and MG are great lights.

I think your probably talking about exact opposites with customer service if the needs arises to send something back or talk with the dealer about something.

I've never ordered from DX and from what I've heard I'm missing nothing as for shiningbeam their top notch I would not hesitate to pay a little extra if I found the the same items on both sites and the DX was a little cheaper.

darkmilk

Newly Enlightened
Re: Do anyone buy the Ultrafire UF-007 (Recoil Led)

I got the WF-008 delivered from DX just recently, overall I think it's great, especially for the price!

Great thrower, I don't have anything to compare to but just playing with it and lighting stuff up on the other side of an oval or valley is awesome.

The body is nicely machined, and feels good. However the assembly left a bit to be desired:
- the LED wasn't quite on right. The brass mini-pill wasn't quite all the way into the hole, removing it (hammer and punch on the back, once the driver and reflector are off) and re-installing helped give a smaller beam and more throw. One of the wires had to be re-soldered after minimal handling, so probably wasn't on properly to start with.
- the lens was dirty, fingerprints :thumbsdow

I can't pick the difference between 1x18650 and 2x16340s. By eye, the overall light is a bit less than a fenix Q5 claimed at 180 lumens. It's quite a cool tint, claimed to be Q5-WC which is believable.

rje58

Enlightened
Re: Product Differences

Besides the great customer service I have received from ShiningBeam, my experience is that when I order something from ShiningBeam, I usually receive it in two or three days. I have never received anything from DX in as little as two to three weeks - most of my orders from DX have arrived in about a month or so.

Also, be aware that the same model flashlight may come with different modes and different emitters. I purchased a Romisen light from ShiningBeam that came with a two-mode Cree Q5 emitter, and I purchased the exact same model from DX, it came with a single-mode Cree P4 emitter. There is nothing misleading about this from DX, however. Both Shiningbeam and DX online listings stated the modes and emitters.

I am in North Carolina, USA - people in other parts of the world probably have different results.

Is there any differences in products offered by Deal Extreme and Shiningbeam other than prices. Same products with different prices. Are the ones on Shiningbeam better? Thanks

Packet-Storm

Newly Enlightened
WF-600 Taking the Head Off

Just wanted to confirm for other out there on the DX WF-600 light. The head is glued or thread-locked on TIGHT. One thing I did find, is that the finish that is applied to the light is very durable. I used a small propane torch (same one I use for soldering copper pipe) to heat the joint. I was then able to twist off the head with a strap wrench (and leather gloves). The head where I torched it doesn't show any additional wear or bubbling of the paint/finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.