BEST 1AA flashlight at dealextreme.com

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is an overall best. Are you looking for longest runtime, brightest, or just the best value? There are some really good review threads by BessieBenny and SelfBuilt that you should check out. Those might just answer all of your questions.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best value is probably still the Elly for $5-6. I've bought the cree version they sell and its not much brighter really and the quality of construction is not too good either (i've bought 10-12 and at least 4 did not work as received).

I will continue to buy them, they are nice, cheap lights, and with a little re-work can be made very reliable. Very easy to swap in different LEDs, electronics, and reflectors. Can't beat either version for the price.

schiesz

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several MTE lights and the newest ones seem to have the biggest complaints (flickering, hard to push tail switch, etc.) worked out. I have given several of them out as gifts, always telling the recipient to let me know about any problems (none) and they all love them.

Most of them have been Seoul-P4s sku: 1995, but the latest one I have is a Rebel sku: 2315 and I still haven't decided which I like the most out of the two. They are both great performers and you can't beat the price!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Saik AA has been suggested before, so has the search feature...:)

i have an MTE, pretty good, ringy though..

Crenshaw