Best flashlight movie

Stream

Enlightened
Alien vs Predator is definitely a movie with a lot of flashlights. I wasn't as into flashlights at the time I saw it so I couldn't identify any of them, I just assumed the big ones were D cell Mags lol. I noticed many flashlights in Day After Tomorrow and also in Hell Boy -- even Hell Boy himself was holding something that looked like a small CR123 tactical light (Streamlight?) in one scene where he was reading in the back of a truck.

lol @ the description of CSI. I think I've seen the exact same episode you're referring to with the bomb that used a capacitor as a delay device. Another thing I notice about CSI is that all the characters on the three shows (Vegas, Miami, NY) are using SL Scorpions -- with the exception of Vegas where they quite often were using the large SL Stinger rechargeable lights. You'd think someone who uses their flashlights as often as the CSI's would use a rechargeable light as their main flashlight. I like the CSI shows, though, it's fast-food entertainment. Everything is geared towards fancy effects and cool music-video montages. If nothing else, you do get to see a lot of flashlight use lol.

Ledean

Enlightened
Ladder 49 was a good movie.

Movie was about the firefighters, so there were lots of scenes where flashlights were used.
Could anybody identify the flashlights used ?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Ledean said:
Ladder 49 was a good movie. Could anybody identify the flashlights used ?

I believe they are the Garrity disposable ones that you see rubber banded to their helmets. And the ones clipped to their turncoats may have been the Pelican Big Ed or one of the following: Koehler Responder or Survivor. But I think it's the Pelican Big Ed. . .

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Alien vs. Predator has already been mentioned, and I concur. It is a good flashlight movie. Also, check out "Alone in the Dark" (2005 version, not the 1982 version). It has a lot in common with Pitch Black, in that the main antagonists are nasty critters that don't like light. The two main characters (played by Christian Slater and the lovely Tara Reid) use Surefire M6s in many scenes. There is also what appears to be an M3 with Turbohead used as a weapons light, but my memory may be faulty on this last flashlight ID. (If anyone sees this movie and does not like it, please keep in mind that I am not saying that it is a good movie. It is merely a decent flashlight movie.) ;) Thanks!!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Malpaso said:
Quest for Fire had some really early model, but I couldn't identify it.

I'm not sure of the spelling, but that light is called the Rae Dawn. :grin2:

Even when I watch movies at home on DVD or rewind and pause with the DVR I'm not able to really tell what most of them are, it's been interesting reading about these things here. I often wonder about the lights on Stargate: Atantis and Battlestar Galactica too.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's try this bump-feature, my first, and see if any more titles show up or if I get banned for improper bump-usage :banned:

:bump:

Stream

Enlightened
I recently saw Assault On Precinct 13 on DVD, it had some flashlight use at the end where they escape through a sewer tunnel. Don't know exactly what type they were, but judging by the size and perfect beam they must have been something like Surefire M3s.

Piett

Newly Enlightened
It's not a movie but I saw a Surefire E2 on the ice cream episode of "Good Eats" on the Food Network. FYI Good Eats is a science/geek style cooking show. Got a chuckle out of that.

Last edited:

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Hey what about SWAT guys! That movie is seriously filled with guns, and each one has a weaponlight on it. There's an Inova X5 as well, I believe.

Even my friends who were watching it were saying that because of me, all they could see in the movie were flashlights! :grin2:

But I think my favourite flashlight movie of all time would have to be Ghost Ship. In that show, those lights get more screentime than in almost any other movie, including lots of closeups of the lights and beamshots.

:)

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Piett said:
It's not a movie but I saw a Surefire E2 on the ice cream episode of "Good Eats" on the Food Network. FYI Good Eats is a science/geek style cooking show. Got a chuckle out of that.

I hear that Alton Brown on Good Eats is a big knife fan.

Piett

Newly Enlightened
NotRegulated said:
I hear that Alton Brown on Good Eats is a big knife fan.

No, kidding where did you run across that? I can see that, he is all about the tools.

Stream

Enlightened
Yeah, I remember that movie. And there was one line in particular that I remember from George Clooney about why the special forces were so "badass" because "we've got the best flashlights". :D

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did I miss that???

Now I definitely have to see it again.

Anyway, I was watching "The Closer" today and could not recognize the flashlights. The main characters flashlight was far from perfect with two big "cuts" in the beam. It looked quite powerful though.