bike-wheel light

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
Have any of the Germans come across something called a "Bike Messenger"? Here is the web site.
If you know how much they cost, & where you can buy them, please say!

Olivier

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although not a German, I treid to get one of these some time ago, but they were never available at the local shop here (but in their cataloque).
It was not very expensive, some 18? or so.
There is also a multicoloured, free programmable device with more LEDs for a much higher price. Could look for it.
But these are not really illumination devices .-)

Mattman

Enlightened
Yeah, it's not really an illuminaion device, but it's a neat idea. If I got one, I'd take their advice and make mine say something profound like, "TO BE WAIT". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
lol @ "to be wait"
but then again, english isn't always easy for us
poor foreigners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Olivier

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Mattman said:
Yeah, it's not really an illuminaion device, but it's a neat idea. If I got one, I'd take their advice and make mine say something profound like, "TO BE WAIT". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Or you could program it to read "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" or "SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Hokey Spoke what I meant.

If you read the website dukeletu gave us about the 'bike messanger', you can easily see that you cannot program that device. .-)

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I've seen the Hokey Spokes website, and firstly I can't really afford them & secondly I've been told that they don't turn off completely; in standby mode they flatten 3 AAA batteries in 2-3 days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Has anyone used them and noticed that?

Olivier

Mattman

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mattman said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Or you could program it to read "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" or "SOMEBODY SET UP US THE BOMB". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Craig, those would be awesome for splitting up between two wheels. Of course, only a few people that know of that game/Internet legend would get it, but it's still funny.