• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Blocky Boy

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred any update on this project? My E1e needs a brother so I can buy some major RCR123's and such.

Yes, I heard from the machine shop yesterday that the light should be completed today--mind you I was promised November 11 for delivery, so shall we say that I'm a little pissed at this shop? :laughing:

There is still a lot of work needed to be done on the bodies, i.e., finishing, such as sanding and polishing or tumbling and polishing, plating, and assembly of the drivers, before these will be ready for sale.

I will post a spreadsheet soon showing the options that folks have said that they wanted and then everyone can update their choices.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Fred:

would there be a possibility of an optic that has similar dimensions to the
Kahtod reflector?

Hmm, most likely not as a drop-in replacement. First, the BB uses a 17mm reflector, most optics are 20mm, so you'd have to find one that fits, or machine one down to fit. Second, you would also want to find an optic designed for the P4.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, who would have thought that I'd be posting an End-of-Year Update? :D

Finally, I have received something from the machine shop:

groupshot.jpg

Unfortunately, they omitted a critical component of the light--the button at the bottom of the battery tube that contacts the battery; instead there was a very nice smooth bottom.

So, onto plan B--install a button. Plan C, rebuild the entire battery tube, would have been to expensive and perhaps have taken another two months to complete. :sick2:

Instead, I will install a small washer, made out of either aluminum or copper, which will be secured in place with electrically conductive epoxy.

In the meantime, I'll be preparing the bodies for EN plating or anodizing, by sanding down the machine marks and polishing them.

Tonight I'll post a spreadsheet showing what folks have indicated they wanted in their lights. There may be some limitations on your choices since certain drivers are not available at the moment.

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic,

I know this probably isn't easier, but if it was just on mine (payed for of course) if you would drill a hole in the bottom tap it and make a button out of copper that screws into the tapped hole. Only if it could be done relatively cheap say about $20 or less.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pierce M10 had a copper "button" in the bottom that was held in place with conductive epoxy. They must have had a similar experience with the machine shop.

The lights are beautiful.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Very exciting, Fred! :thumbsup:

Sorry the machine shop put their :tinfoil: hats on when they did the inside of the battery tube! :ohgeez: Although I'm willing to bet you'll come up with a good solution! :)

:popcorn: john

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonFanatic,

I know this probably isn't easier, but if it was just on mine (payed for of course) if you would drill a hole in the bottom tap it and make a button out of copper that screws into the tapped hole. Only if it could be done relatively cheap say about $20 or less.

The thickness required for the height of the button is .85mm, so there isn't much there to put a screwdriver into. :D

Plus, I don't do taps. :devil:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't blame you a lot of people end up with ruined taps as well as ruined pieces, but I really don't like glues maybe if you reverse the polarity of everything the battery can go in upside down.

Nebula

Enlightened
Fred, the lights look great :thumbsup:. If number 50 has not been spoken for, I will take a second light. This one in Black please. Thanks. Kirk

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please see the bottom of the first post--I have added information re pricing and included a spreadsheet showing what folks have indicated an interest in buying.

This will need a lot of updating as there are some choices for all to make.

Please post any changes in this thread, or if you are no longer interested in a Blocky Boy, just PM me to let me know. Thanks.

Nebula

Enlightened
Fred - I would like to confirm my interest for two BBs, one EN, one Black. The lights should be configured as follows:

EN - body only ($70.00), polished (+ $15.00), lens ($ ?), O-rings ($ ?), and split ring ($ ?).

HAIII Black - complete light ($135.00), and polished (+ $15.00). I will go with the GD750, UCL, and smooth reflector.

PP ready to go when you give the word.

Thanks,

Kirk

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to confirm my interest in an EN Plated Polished Blocky Boy with a stippled reflector. I'm looking froward to getting it - it really is a great looking light.

I'm not sure which emitter / engine I want ... I'm going to see other peoples views on this and will update later if that is ok. At the end of the day, that's not going to be what really drives me on this light so I can be flexible. I'm looking for very bright...but not so much current that the light gets very hot or the led is damaged.

What are the benefits of the Nexgen vs GD?

Last edited:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would need to buy everything else that you might need à la carte, i.e., lens, O-rings, reflector, driver, battery, and split ring.

:thinking: .... And for those wanting more from thier Blocky Boy than just its good looks :naughty: ... Light it. :candle: Uhhh, try an LED! :D

Polished, EN Plated in a box with my name on it! :poke: You can wait until tomorrow to mail it since it`s Sunday and.... YOUR WELCOME! :grin2:

Ken :tinfoil: