Bowfishing light

T/c

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading here over the past few days and seen a few lights that might work but really want to list all the things I am looking for to get a perfect fit for what I am looking for. I bow fish out of a canoe with my dog and a friend and have limited space so am going to be mounting this light to my bow. We also fish in very murky water. The things I need from this light I will list below.

run time- a few things fall under this but I will try to make as much since as I can. I will be running this light for several hours I do not mind changing out the battery's multiple times but I need them to be easy to find battery's aaa aa ect. And I need a light that will not over hear from running for a long amount of time. I am going to be using it for up to 5 hrs in a single night. I am not set on aa aaa but need something that I have a way to keep it going and a way to get replacement battery's easy and carry multiple and not going broke buying them.

size under 10 " the smaller the better but with the light output I want this will be hard

i want 300+ lumens I need to penetrate murky water I know white light is not great for this but for the amount of time I will be running the light I think I am better off with led's and will just use a yellow cap or film

i need the button on the back of the light

needs to be under $150 and I would like to buy from a store in person but if I must can order online if anyo e could send me in the right direction that would be great! Thank you

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Eagletac has an updated P100A2 with an xp-g2 led.
Sufficiently lightweight, rear mounted button, has over 300 lumens for part of its runtime.
You can use rechargeable NiMH cells for reduced operating costs, or for even less weight Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA.

T/c

Newly Enlightened
I think that Eagletac has an updated P100A2 with an xp-g2 led.
Sufficiently lightweight, rear mounted button, has over 300 lumens for part of its runtime.
You can use rechargeable NiMH cells for reduced operating costs, or for even less weight Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA.
How can I make sure I am looking at the right one because a lot of what you said went over my head lol

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac has always been slow in updating their website.
You can just search for the term at one of the Eagletac resellers: xp-g2 & p100a2
pts-flashlights & eagletac-usa

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rather than the Eageltac P100A2, i'd go with the Eagletac P20A2 MKII with a XML2 drop in. The advantage of the P20A2 MKII is it can use assorted modules, so can be set to the led color of choice, be it cool white, neutral, red, green, or infrared for use with night vision goggles. It also has a nice filter kit available, using eagltacs standard glass filters, not cheap colored plastic, with red, green, blue and yellow filters. The light, filter kit and a could sets of eneloop AA's and a charger if you don't have one already would fit well within your budget.

nmlongbow

Newly Enlightened
How do you plan on mounting the light? Factory stabilizer hole, strap-on bracket or something else?

I bowfish with my T/D recurve and have been thinking about mounting a light on the bow.