Brief Flickering Issue With Fenix PD35 v2.0

dimwit75

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I'm making it after I have just received my Fenix PD35 v2.0 in the mail. So far I love everything about this light except for a small problem that occurs when I turn the light on. The light flickers for a brief moment when I turn it on and then is okay afterward. It's not a big deal as far as the functionality goes, but it is annoying and I've tested all of my other lights and haven't noticed the same issue with them. I see that the most common suggestion for light problems is to tighten the silver ring located in the tail switch. I haven't tried tightening it with pliers yet, but I have used a paperclip and everything felt pretty tight. So I guess my question(s) are:

1. Has anyone else had a similar issue with their lights, specifically a PD35?
2. Outside of tightening the silver ring, are there any other recommendations for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance for the help. I suppose there is always the tried and true method of contacting Fenix, but I figured I'd start here first!

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I've had around 8 or so Fenix lights over the years, and haven't had an issue like that. All seem to have a solid on / off action. I did have the loose switch ring issue on a PD35-Tac, but that was after a year of use. Sounds like you could have a bigger issue, and I could see where it could be annoying.

Luckily, customer service has been stellar the several times I've needed them. Sounds like you may need to contact them.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Throw 2 primaries in it if you haven't already. See if it goes away. Just Incase it's a battery issue

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also try cleaning all the contact points with rubbing alcohol and a qtip. Clean off the threads real well and then reapply a small amount of lube to them. While I have never had any issues with my 8 Fenixs, my Eagletacs are sensitive to dirty contacts and will act very strange until I clean everything. If this doesn't help give Fenix Store a holler and see what they will do for you.

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

Please try recommended batteries, if any other problem, feel free to contact the Fenix Customer Service.