Bright E12 LED bulbs for outdoor post lantern?

BassKozz

Newly Enlightened
I just moved into a new house in New England, and there is an outdoor post lantern with 3x E12 60w Incandescent bulbs that are blown. I am looking to replace them with LED bulbs, and preferably really bright ones. If possible, I'd like them to brighter than the incandescents. Can someone please lend me some suggestions?

Thanks,
-BassKozz

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
Would a standard A19 bulb fit? If so you could get an E12 to E26 edison adaptor. Then buy a cree 75 or 100 watt bulb.

I feel kind of dumb for suggesting it because if a standard bulb fits they should have designed it with an edison base, but Ive seen dumb designs in the past.

inetdog

Enlightened
IKEA offers several sized and shapes of LED bulbs with small bases. Check them out.

BassKozz

Newly Enlightened
Would a standard A19 bulb fit? If so you could get an E12 to E26 edison adaptor. Then buy a cree 75 or 100 watt bulb.

I feel kind of dumb for suggesting it because if a standard bulb fits they should have designed it with an edison base, but Ive seen dumb designs in the past.

Yeah, unfortunately this isn't a dumb design :grin2: and it will only fit E12 style bulbs. I can't seem to find anything bigger than a 60W equivalent E12 LED bulb. I would like to get something more like a 100W equivalent.

IKEA offers several sized and shapes of LED bulbs with small bases. Check them out.

I poked around their website and came up empty, but I have one close by (<10miles) that I can swing by and checkout. Thanks for the tip. I'll let you know what I find.