Brightest Spotlight?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. This has been helpful.

Let me know if you have a suggestion.

Just last night, we had something or someone trigger a motion detector light out near the woods about 600 yards away. I did not have enough spotlight to see what it was.
Surely you are using optics too. In daylight at 600yrds it would be bloody difficult to ID much.

The Convoys above are not expensive. Why did you decide against them? Surely got to be better than what you are using now.

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
I can tell the difference between a human and a hog at 600 yds. (If I have enough light to see them)

I have not decided against anything. Still thinking about it.

I'll probably go back to the Thor if nothing comes up better. I can see down there with the Thor. It's just so big & bulky.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you did say 'Brightest Spotlight', the brightest I've used is the Nightsun, which has about 25 million candlepower if I remember correctly. A bit above your budget though! 😆

DSC_0007.JPG

Last edited:

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
Hey Dave:

That would be nice! I've seen them in action!

They also make a 220w and a 160w HID spotlight that I might re-do the budget for

Thanks,

Coach

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
You may look into the Acebeam K75. I have one and like it very well. It will do 2500 meters, around a mile and a half, on the highest setting. Runs on four 18650 Li-ion rechargeable cells that you can replace later on when needed. I'm not into proprietary built in battery packs. Also, no fans, and no charging plugs, which are 2 more good things in my view.

It's versatile, with different brightness levels, and Acebeam has a good reputation for making good dependable lights. Less expensive than Imalent. I think they're going for $279 right now from battery junction.

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
Hey GG:

The K75 is another good one. I've looked at it and wondered if the description was accurate.

Thanks for clarifying!

Coach

PS it's 4:00 am and my dog was barking in my vineyard. I could see that it was an animal but not what kind.

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
That would be a good one too.

Does anyone have one of the No name 220w spotlights that look like the old Q-beams?
1702476551377.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For a hand-held Spotlight, my Jetbeam M64 gets the nod.
(It has a Turbo setting, but ironically you don't even need it to get excellent results from the light.)

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
For a hand-held Spotlight, my Jetbeam M64 gets the nod.
(It has a Turbo setting, but ironically you don't even need it to get excellent results from the light.)

Agreed. The M64 is a very nice throwing light. It doesn't compare to the K75 - gets out there to 1200 meters compared to 2500, but a lot less bulky, lighter in weight, and about half the price. You can actually put it in your back pocket.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I have the K75. I told you about it above, in post #26. There are also some good youtube reviews on it.

It's one of the longest throwing lights available, at 2500 meters. It's large, and not one that you will carry in your pocket. It does come with a detachable handle. I think it would be a good light for your situation that you originally described.

I carry mine in this military surplus case that I got in an antique shop. What else would you like to know?

DSC_3380nx_01.JPG

DSC_3391nx_01.JPG

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most powerful thing is this, if the information is not outdated, but it is not portable

A couple of days ago I ordered Wurkkos ts30s pro, on sale right now, $64 should be pretty good
SBT90.2 at 300 yards it should definitely shine for a while, not for long due to overheating, but enough to detect the presence of pigs. When he arrives, I'll write what happened

Here from 3 minutes, rays at 150-500 m

Convoy L7 SBT90.2 2*26650 in the link of Chicken Drumstick due to the larger capacity of 2 batteries it should last longer than Wurkkos, its beam shape is very similar and the price is about the same. Here is Convoy L7 and another Convoy with SFT40

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the K75. I told you about it above, in post #26. There are also some good youtube reviews on it.

It's one of the longest throwing lights available, at 2500 meters. It's large, and not one that you will carry in your pocket. It does come with a detachable handle. I think it would be a good light for your situation that you originally described.

I carry mine in this military surplus case that I got in an antique shop. What else would you like to know?

View attachment 54330

View attachment 54331
I like that box. That is a nice box. :grin2:(y)