Brightest Spotlight?

coachblalock

Newly Enlightened
I need a BRIGHT spotlight for my place out in the country.

I had a Cyclops Thor but the battery died. It was too big and bulky anyway.

I would like to do an Imulent Sr 32 but the $600 price tag is too much.

What are my alternatives are there?

Thanks

I need about 600-800 yards to see hogs out in my vineyard.

Hogs eyes don't shine very good, so I need to see them.

My budget is about $150- $200

Thanks!

I have one of those. I can mount it on any of my guns.

I need to be able to scan the field and vineyard.

I suggest night vision scope. There are videos of them in use on youtube, and the result is very good. Pricey, yes, but a superior tool, I think.

Does anyone know anything about the BUYSIGHT or YIERBLUE. Both claim to have 1 million lumens.
LEDs currently top out around 250 lm/W, dropping down to perhaps 150 lm/W or even lower if driven hard (needed to get the small source required for a narrow beam). So to get a million lumens, you're looking at north of 5000W to the LEDs, which isn't realistic for something handheld. If, instead of a million lumens, we assume it's a million candela, you'd be around 10k lumens assuming an optical system that gets you 100 cd/lm (about a 4 degree beam). That drops you down to 100W to the LEDs, which is possible for something handheld, but not for very long.
And HID sources can drive more lumens into a smaller source than LED (good for bright, narrow beams), but are a bit less efficient at turning electricity into photons.

Thanks guys. This has been helpful.

Let me know if you have a suggestion.

Just last night, we had something or someone trigger a motion detector light out near the woods about 600 yards away. I did not have enough spotlight to see what it was.