Broken SW01 tailcap

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
Hi,

I have a SW01 tailcap that is broken. It seems to lack it's spring.

How can i repair this? It's kinda sad to have a SW01 that doesnt work...

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never handled a SW01 tailcap before. Are the switch components the same as a z41 tailcap? If so, then I think you can just take a spring out from a z41 and install it in the SW01.

Hi,

I have a SW01 tailcap that is broken. It seems to lack it's spring.

How can i repair this? It's kinda sad to have a SW01 that doesnt work...

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the spring can be pulled out without any real issue. I typically take a needle nose pliers, grab the spring, pull and twist and the spring pops out. When I install the spring I just do the opposite.

Yes, i believe the components are the same. How to install it?

Mathiashogevold

Enlightened
I finally made it :) After trying numerous springs, i used a spring from my Laser Products P60 ( :( ) and it fits Nice.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SW01 is my favorite tail cap! Mine have conical springs that look like the common Surefire springs found on various tail caps and incandescent tower bulbs. I replaced a similar spring in an M6 that I bought used for a song because the "flashlight does not work!" I'm glad you found a spring. I keep a small plastic box of assorted springs from various sources just in case!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seem a good time to repeat my finding...The Z41 and the P-60/90 lamb assemblies share the same center spring. I case you have a dead one you got a spare.