Buying digital camera advice.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've had some of these conversations before you can search a bit to find even more information.

I've owned several different digital video and digital cameras and my favorite maker is currently Canon. I've got one of the older model digital Elph cameras and it's great. Every one of their machines that I've used or owned has been terrific quality hardware with terrific quality results as well.

I also think, but am not sure, that Canon is the only digital camera maker in it's price range that still uses glass lenses even in their more inexpensive offerings. Everybody else does plastic.

So be sure to check out the canon models when you're shopping around!

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
This is simply not true. There are quite a few cheap digitals with glass lenses. At least as long as we're not talking about 40$ webcam/pencam digital camera. For example the cheapest current Olympus I can find right now (C-150) is glass (and it should be anywhere between 140 and 220$, is still a new camera).

[ QUOTE ]
James S said:

I also think, but am not sure, that Canon is the only digital camera maker in it's price range that still uses glass lenses even in their more inexpensive offerings. Everybody else does plastic.

[/ QUOTE ]